Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentines Do Over - FREE FLOWERS FOR YOU



Can it only be a week ago that frazzled fella's flocked to their local five and dime to purchase flowers for their favorite females?  Last Thursday, 100's of men were seen waiting outside a nearby Big Box Store just prior to the doors opening, hoping to snatch up the last of the bouquets before they ran completely out.  Every single one of them anticipating the "You knocked it out of the park" look from their honey bunnies later that day.  Even the Big Guy and I got in on the action.

We elbowed and shoved our way past the raging crowds and started snatching bouquets as fast as we could.  We had 60 of our favorite ladies back at Darvonda who needed a ROSE on this special occassion.  It was our HIGHEST PRIORITY!


The Greenhouse Gals


The Big Guy wanted to make sure everyone knew how much he appreciated them!

The Office Staff

Isn't it wonderful how FLOWERS can make you SMILE?!
 
Now, I bet you are thinking to yourselves "If her husband gave the STAFF such beautiful bouquets, I wonder what he gave his WIFE?!"
 
I mean, I am the mother of his 5 CHILDREN......
 


I have worked hard alongside him in the greenhouse for lo these 25 years......


I am his constant travel companion.....

 
 
 
and a never ending source of live slapstick comedy.

 
 


With that kind of dedication, he must be getting his wife something AWESOME for valentines day, right?!
 
 
Some sort of giant arrangement.....
 


or perhaps something even bigger?!


So, now that I've gotten you all curious, THIS is what I REALLY got....

 
My hunny bunny got the hot tub cleaned out and warmed up.  He broke open a bottle of fine wine.  He cut up some fancy cheeses.  He fired up the patio heater. AND......
 


He invited the grandkids over for some tub time with the two of us.

Oh my.  He sure knows how to make his woman happy!

All that hard work really tuckered him out though.  Romance takes effort fella's, and don't you ever forget it.


If you have made it all the way down to the bottom of this post, I now have an ANNOUNCEMENT to make.  In honor of the fact that Valentines Day has long gone and the men are back to thinking hockey, hockey and more hockey, I am going to send ONE of my blogger peeps a floral fiesta, straight to her door.  One dozen roses.  FREE.  Just for you.  'Cause I love y'all!

For a chance to be the lucky recipient, just leave a comment below and I will enter you into the pool of contestants.  But wait.......

There's more!

If you direct a friend to this post and encourage her to join in the fun, I will enter your name a SECOND TIME because you are obviously a good friend!  Good friends should be rewarded.  NOTE:  Make sure your friend leaves your name in HER comment so I know you sent her.

THIS OFFER IS OPEN TO EVERYONE.  As long as you live near a flower shop and they understand english, you QUALIFY!  Gents are WELCOME :)

Please remember to include your NAME in the comment or I won't know who is entering....and that would be sad :(

I will be drawing the winning name NEXT WEEK so keep your eyes peeled to find out who ends up being the lucky gal.  I hope it's YOU :)

And one final thing.....it's Fertilizer Friday over at Tootsie Time and she is posting about the Northwest Flower and Garden Show in Seattle today which is just a great place to be right now.  I'm on my way Tootsie.  See ya tomorrow.


46 Comments »

46 Responses to “Valentines Do Over - FREE FLOWERS FOR YOU”

Peter Scholtens said...

What about the gents? Can we get them sent to our wives?

Anonymous said...

love reading your blog and look forward to whats happening though the year.

aunt j said...

oh that would be so nice and I'll even come to BC to claim the prize!! your happy Winnipeg merchandiser, Judy Slaa

Jenny said...

Wow, who doesn't love flowers, whether they're hot house roses or a wild flower bouquet picked from a friend's garden. I'd love to win. :o)

I came from your link on tootsie time's fertilizer Friday. Jen Y

derekcindyterp said...

I like free flowers ;) Cindy T

MelD said...

Can hardly resist a contest...so I'll try recruit a few more readers and see what happens! MelD

crystal l. said...

Oh I would love fresh flowers on my table! And Judy Slaa sent me :)

Mirjam said...

Flowers make me smile for sure.

Unknown said...

i can appreciate the trouble your hubbie went through to please his wife well deserved rest byron

Esther A said...

I could use some flowers! Melanie D sent me. :)

Rosie Vanderpol said...

I would love flowers. What a great idea for a give away. Melanie Doesburg let me know about it :)

Anonymous said...

I love flowers :)
Shona D.

Marleen said...

ha, our local flower shop understands English, Australian English though :) Love reading your blog!

Jenise T said...

What a wonderful gift to receive. So glad you were able to enjoy it with the family. Blessings to you all.

Thank you for the giveaway.
(Melanie D sent me :))

Anonymous said...

Crystal Veldkamp--> The whole hottub, wine and cheese part was sounding so romantic up until the grandkids part! And then it became adorable and sweet! Men are so funny sometimes :P It's too bad i don't get to see all my neices and newfews grow up :( At least i get to see pictures on facebook. Miss you Aunty Tammy, tell the family i say hi! :)

Sleepshort said...

Cool post. Lot of fun too.
And some give aways! Wow.
Have a good weekend.

Vanderpolclan said...

Fresh flowers? Who can resist leaving a comment. Enjoy your updates.

Cindy Vanderpol (nee Huttema)

Georgia Peachez said...

Happy Valentine's to you too! I do love following your travels and the going's on at the greenhouse. xo, Suzy

Marie said...

I have to say, I don't really care about receiving a dozen roses, but I got such a kick out of this post that I had to comment! An evening with my 'grands' in a hot tub would be my idea of the most fun, for sure :) And my hubby would have fallen asleep in his recliner before the evening was over, also :) Too cute!

Unknown said...

I would love some flowers. :D

Allison

Jill said...

What beautiful flowers! I love your evening with the grandkids! That looks like the perfect evening to me! You really made my heart sing.

Jill at
chillinwithjill.blogspot.com

Miranda Green said...

"What's in a name? that which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet" Melanie Doesburg sent me here...if she wins, hopefully she will give me at least 1 flower from her bouquet!

Rosa Veldkamp said...

Me! Me! Pick me! ; D
Your big sister . . .

Rosa Veldkamp said...

Me! Me! Pick me! ; D
Your big sister . . .

Anonymous said...

ooh, i love flowers, would love to receive some.
your cousin Adalia

Ineke Huttema said...

that would make up for my hubby not getting me any for valentines or my birthday!!!! love your posts Tammy

Ineke Huttema said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam Kersting said...

Tamara- You and the Big Guy and company know that I am your number 1 fan! I just love love love coming along with you on your shopping trips, buying trips overseas, camping trips and other many events in your lives! Thank you for sharing your life and family with us! Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Would love some more flowers. Always ready to read you blog and see where we will go next time. Thanks for all your hard work. Love your flowers. Chris Eenkhoorn

sarah vandergugten said...

A day without flowers has too many hours!

Trish Smink said...

Love your blog Tamara, and was first directed to it by your lovely sis Rose! My hubby doesn't give me flowers, so some from you would brighten my day!

ERV said...

If your son in law 1100kms away wins it for his amazing wife will it be delivered by you personally?

Anonymous said...

Flowers! Sent by Mel D!

Nellie K said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. A dozen roses would be wonderful, but I hope Melanie Doesburg wins them since she directed me to your site.

TimandKim Krabbendam said...

Would love to win, Mel Doesburg sent me :)

Nancy-Mom said...

Nobody sent me but you know I always read your blog.

Your aunt in Vernon :-)

Ineke said...

Was so nice to see you took Rosa with you to the flower show she does take some beautifull plctures

Plumber Boy said...

All right, all right....I would love to win some flowers for my wife...oh and btw...she sent me :)

Anonymous said...

Would love some pretty flowers :)
Hilary S.

Anonymous said...

Oh, roses! That would be so nice.
First saw this from Mel. (I laughed after reading Plumber Boy's note ;)
Would be so cool if my name was picked.

Carol V.

Rose Bos said...

I guess Melanie Doesburg is getting lots of entries into this contest. She seems to be sending a lot of people to your blog.
I certainly am no more worthy to win the lovely roses than anyone else but the fact that after 20 years my first winter in Edmonton seems so long...some fresh flowers delivered to my door would sure make my day!
Good luck to all the contestants!

Mom K said...

Would LOVE some flowers here in wintery Edmonton!!
Rose Bos sent me your way!

Katrina said...

Would love some flowers! Sadly my husband doesn't possess the "romantic give flowers to his wife on valentine's day" gene :) But I do love flowers! Melanie D. sent me.

~Katrina Bosch

Anonymous said...

Sent by Rose Bos this time!
Love flowers myself too
Rita Krabbendam

Heather Annette said...

I would be thrilled to win a dozen roses! but...I would be equally thrilled if Melanie D. won them ;)

Tamara Jansen said...

Crystal I, you are the lucky winner of the Valentine do-over draw! Congratulations.

Now, all I need is your address and phone number. Email me :)