Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Morning Mayhem


Good morning all my blogger peeps!  It's Monday morning in the middle of Spring Rush and things around Darvonda are as chaotic as usual.  Why not come inside and take a peak?  Wee One and I will give you the quick tour.

First things first, the plants are all looking great, so there's no problems on that score.


Great job, my grower peeps!  At least the flowers are looking AMAZING!

HOWEVER........

This morning we got a flurry of emails regarding one of the first deliveries to Edmonton.

The news is not good.

Alberta roads are murder on our plants.  Our semi-trucks cautiously bounce all over the winter damaged asphalt from the mountains to the prairies in a sometime vain attempt to arrive intact.  Unfortunately, plants which look like THIS in the greenhouse.......


occasionally look like THIS upon arrival!


OH NO!  Say it isn't SO!

How can things go from THIS.....


 to THIS so quickly?!


Oh the HORROR!


It's a good thing my GARDEN CRAZY sister Rosa lives in Edmonton because she has been speedily dispatched to deal with the carnage. 

Master Gardener Rosa enjoying Tea and Crumpets at my place!
I don't think Rosa knew what she was getting herself into when she agreed to be a Darvonda service representative.  It's a whole lot of work people, trust me on this one!

And yet, there is a PERK to all the added stress she has taken on.......


Whatever she can salvage, she get's to KEEP!

And just to get the ball rolling on her behalf, I would like to formally announce that Rosa will be hosting a PLANT SALE next weekend featuring some slightly battered bedding plants at low prices.  If you live in Edmonton, I would highly suggest you mark your calendar.  At THESE prices, things will sell out fast!

As a final note, don't forget to check out Rosa's new gardening website GROWING WISDOM where you will find all sorts of tips and tricks on how to plant a beautiful garden!

Now, I'm off to jump in a truck to CALGARY with the Big Guy to check on the stores there.   While we're there we will get a chance to meet all our new Darvonda service representatives.

Wish us luck that everything arrives in ONE PIECE!


4 Comments »

4 Responses to “Monday Morning Mayhem”

Becky K. said...

Oh my! Good thing you have great people at your beck and call. Everything does look great at the greenhouse. Hopefully the sale went well and many were blessed with the discount pricing.

midnight macaroons said...

I'm absolutely in love with your green house. Sorry to hear about the delivery. Your flowers are so beautiful it makes me sad to see them tip over like that.

I'm eager to read Rosa's garden tips. I love to play in my garden and look forward to planting a new crop of flowers this on my side courtyard.

Best of luck for future deliveries.

Gigi

Fifi Flowers said...

FABuLOUS greenhouse!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hi Tamara~ ~ ~
So good to see you again but not to see the distruction caused by your highways. Lucky for you, you have a trouble shooter in the area to rush to the rescue.
How about another post of your greenhouse in the summer?
Enjoy this warm and wonderful season.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~