Monday, October 17, 2011

Building Greenhouses is a Dirty Business

Last week I was driving Anderson Cooper to his soccer tournament and I suddenly realized that the new greenhouse is REALLY coming along.  As a matter of fact, the last time I took a photo of the new building it looked like THIS.....


Since we were away on the big Jansen 5 concert tour starting way back in August, the greenhouse builders have been working hard.  The roof is finally on and the walls are getting closed in very quickly.


Unfortunately the mud situation around here is completely out of control because of the construction!


So, although it's exciting to see the new facility going up, I'm getting tired of all the dirt that is getting tracked into my house every day.

I've taken to hosing the Big Guy down at the door before I let him come inside.

Now, of course a few weeks ago my WASH MACHINE kicked the bucket.  Since we were so busy with the WEDDING preparations, we didn't have a chance to go and replace it with a new one.  Soooooo.......

LOTS OF CONSTRUCTION MUD + NO WASH MACHINE = ..........


a few hours spent at the laundromat trying to catch up on the wash. 

Then, Anderson Cooper had a big soccer tournament this past weekend which resulted in a very busy house hold for a few days in a row.



SOCCER TOURNAMENT + TEAM SLEEP-OVER =...........

One messy bedroom


I haven't even TRIED to get inside this room to clean up the mess yet.  I'm just hoping that it will miraculously disappear. 

I can always hope, can't I?!

But, the good news is......the boys WON their tournament!  Andersonand  worked hard on getting all the highlights edited into a great video for his loyal viewers.  L



4 Comments »

4 Responses to “Building Greenhouses is a Dirty Business”

Rosa Veldkamp said...

time to get out there and buy a washing machine!
If you lived here you could look forward to the big freeze up. But all you have to look forward to is more rain and more mud!
There are real advantages to an Alberta winter! ;)

Anonymous said...

You know I used to have to do all my laundry that way and I have to say from time to time I miss the ability to have my entire weeks worth of laundry done in 1.5 hours as opposed to all day. I say, forget the washing machine and save some time. However, it's a bit hard on your pocket book long term!
MelD

Valerie said...

That bedroom looks familiar - except it is in my house :)

Donna said...

Fabulous green house worth all the laundry!!!