Saturday, June 25, 2011

On The Hunt For Next Year's Proven Winners!


It's that time of year again.   All of us here at Darvonda are out searching for next year's PROVEN WINNER's for Spring 2012.  Some of us have attended the California Pack trials while other's of us are attending the Ohio Short Course this coming July.  We search high and low every year to make sure we get the best of the best varieties for our customers and this year is no exception.

We will go to great lengths to find the latest plant breeding, even going as far as searching the thick jungles of South America via MULE.....


which is the only way to access the deepest recesses of the forests......


where we hope to find undiscovered floral treasures that will thrill our customers in the coming Spring season.  Giddap little donkey!

Now, our style of product development is not for the faint of heart.  You see, in order to find THIS beauty......

we have to step out of your comfort zone......

to really find what we're looking!

Yup, the Big Guy and I searched HIGH......


very, VERY HIGH.....




and LOW.....


very, very......


VERY LOW!


Nothing THIS GOOD......


will ever come without a whole lot of searching!

But, the best part of this search is that we get to do it together, the Big Guy and I.


I especially LOVE it that, even though my main squeeze has begun to have his doubts that he should be strapping himself into a flimsy little harness and race across deep valley's on a thin rope....


or that he thinks there may be less heart thumping ways to find product for next year that do not involve rapelling down the side of a waterfall.......


He does it anyway, just because I asked him to!


Really, it just doesn't get better than being in a partnership like ours.   Racing together to the next adventure is the most fun you can ever imagine!


POST SCRIPT MESSAGE:

To my dear sister and travel agent Lisa;

As I stood at the top of a very high platform, looking down at the enormous drop which I was about to take, stepping blindly off to my possible gruesome death........I thought of YOU!  I imagined you standing right there beside me and heard you say "Are you NUTS?!  There is NO WAY you are getting me to do that!  Not on your LIFE!"

I smiled at the sound of your voice and then I..........


JUMPED!  

How else was I going to get home to tell you how much FUN I had?!  


6 Comments »

6 Responses to “On The Hunt For Next Year's Proven Winners!”

momofcrt said...

Ahahaha I can totally hear Lisa's voice!! Then again I'm pretty sure Rosa would say the same thing. And your mom and....many others.
Good on ya for having such a spirit of adventure and being able to do these things with your hubby.

Rosa Veldkamp said...

Sorry Marie, you would be wrong about this. I am SOOOOO jealous!
I would do this in a heart beat!
Glad to see you had such a great time!

Anonymous said...

LOLLOLOL, remember when I went to Cancun, and took a trek to Chitzeniza and looked up a very long, incredibly steep stair case to the top of the pyramid (no hand rails or anything!) and the temperature was 40 Celsius, and I was not going to climb to the top....until I heard your voice "telling" me that I had better get my big butt all the way up those stairs, I surely hadn't come all that way to give up when I was so close, you didnt think I was a wimp?, was I? And so it was that I hauled my carcass to the very top and tried not to stand too close to the edge while some nice person took our picture. Funny thing is, I didn't hear your voice as I had to go back down (very scary as steps were very narrow) and steep, did I mention they were steep?!! I could only hear myself muttering at you all the way down!! LOL Thanks for making me step out of my comfort zone once in awhile..we wont even talk about Brazil now will we? Lisa

momofcrt said...

Really Rosa? Wow, you go girl!

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

Wow, that is some search. Way to go, that looks like so much fun.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Lori E said...

Just so you know I do appreciate the risking of life and limb in order to get the best for me.
I heard there was a lovely plant at the top of Mount Everest. Could you pick some up for me please.