Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Saying Goodbye


This week we had the difficult task of saying goodbye to my dad.  Last Monday he was busy doing deliveries to my favorite Big Box store and this Monday we were trying to figure out how to go on without him.  We knew he was sick, struggling with a diagnosis of COPD and cancer but it still came as a shock.  It's never easy to say goodbye. We are going to miss him terribly but we are comforted in the knowledge that he has gone on to be with his Lord and Saviour in heaven.

In the meantime, life goes on and things are getting crazy busy at the greenhouse.  I am so proud of all my Darvonda peeps, who keep on working hard night after night, pumping out the flowers by the semi truck full.  They are just such an incredible bunch of dedicated people.  I wish you could meet them all in person but of course, that would be impossible since there's just too many of them to count.

So, I thought I would do the next best thing and have Mini Me make me a short video that gives you a little bit of a feel for what we are all going through right now.



Now, make sure you don't forget to stop by your local garden center and buy something for you Mom this weekend.  Don't wait to say "I love you" until it's too late! 


8 Comments »

8 Responses to “Saying Goodbye”

Marina said...

Βlack or white...life must go on! We can't do anything but remember and love them for ever!!!
Great video from your great daughter! You have a wonderful place there and a warm family!

Becky K. said...

There is no way to avoid the pain losing our Dads brings. But, as you said, the knowledge that he is now in the presence of our Lord and Savior is a help.

This is a road I have and am walking since my Dad passed away in November of 2005. It is hard but God is so faithful.

(((Hugs)))

Claudia said...

I'm so very sorry about your Dad. Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way.

xo
Claudia

T@iy@ said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, but praise Jesus that he is in heaven now and pain free! I know that your pain isn't going to be gone, but the knowledge that he is whole, and well, and with the Father is grand!

I love the video, it looks like such a fun, exciting place. I think I could live in a greenhouse. I love the smell of the soil, the planting, the anticipation of growth, and the whole process!

Chandra said...

Hey Tamara, your videos are always cut off along the right edge, because they're too big for your blog template. It's an easy fix. When you're posting the video, after you've embedded the code for the video, hit the "edit HTML" tab at the top of the post. Then scroll down through all the gobble-dee-gook until you find the string of words and letters and symbols that represents your video (you'll recognize it pretty easily), and look for the part that says or something like that (I'm just going by memory here, but it will be something similar). Reduce the width by 150 or 200 px, and see if that is enough. Just keep playing with it until you find the right number (the height will adjust automatically to compensate for the changes to the width), and then just remember what number you end up with for when you post more videos in the future.

Hope that helps!

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

I am so very sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I remember the blog posts where you wrote that he helped you out enormously, it must be very difficult.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

French Vanilla said...

Sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad. I lost my Dad when he was only 65. It's hard but with time it gets easier. A good reminder to live life to the fullest as you never know what tomorrow may bring. Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time.

Donna said...

There is never an easy way to say good-bye even when it's expected. I went through it with both my parents. I miss especially my mother every day. Sympathies, dear.

Your operation at the nursery is just phenomenol! What a smoothly run operation! I got my plants this weekend from our local highschool horticulture department. They do a nice job growing things through the winter and I love planting them! Ah Spring!!