Friday, April 29, 2011

Commemorating William and Kate's Wedding at the Greenhouse

What a chaotic week we've had here at Darvonda.  Spring has finally arrived.......and along with Spring comes a TON of work to ship out all our plants before Summer arrives and all the shoppers are at the beach.  It's a good thing we have such amazing staff here or we wouldn't be able to get it all done in time!

The Wee One helps out in any was she can.  Today she decided to commemorate Kate and William's wedding by dressing for the occasion.  But she sure didn't let her fancy duds keep her from getting her work done.....

She wore her sensible flat shoes so that she could ensure that quality control did not slip......

and made sure to scope out the entire warehouse, keeping a keen eye on production efficiencies.....


and order accuracy!  She's a real energizer bunny, that Wee One.  It was hard to keep up with her and keep her from being run over by a forklift or a cart full of flowers.


She's such a detail girl she even checked to ensure the proper height was being maintained on the carts so no bloom would be damaged during transport.


I hope her mom isn't going to be mad with me because her beautiful little dress did get just a touch dirty in the greenhouse. 

Now, just in case you thought WE did some amazing stuff at our place, you should check out Tootsie who lives in Alberta and despite the weather manages to pump out a whole lot of amazing plants for a hobby.  I wonder if she has a quality control person like the Wee One at her place?

On a more serious note, I would like to share with you the sad reality of what happened earlier this week.  My dad passed away to be with his Saviour and Lord this past Wednesday.  He was a wonderful man and trusted in the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ who came to this earth to wipe away our sins.  His death was not unexpected but still brings with it much sorrow for those of us who are left behind. 



18 Comments »

18 Responses to “Commemorating William and Kate's Wedding at the Greenhouse”

gullchasedship said...

Our condolences. We hope and pray God gives you comfort during this time.

momofcrt said...

Our condolences to all of you as well Tamara.

Anonymous said...

I heard abour your Dad. Our sincere condolences, Tamara. Alida

Marina said...

Ι'm so sorry for your lose! He looked so young and healthy at your photos! May God rest his sole...

Tootsie said...

I love those tulip planters!!!

Tootsie said...

Tamara...I am so sorry for your loss...I wish I could give you a hug...hope you all find comfort in each other during this difficult time

Nancy-Mom said...

Hard to get gooe help like the Wee One isn't it. Hope you're paying her enough so that the competion doesn't snatch her up :o)

Nancy-Mom said...

Fingers slipping bigtime :o) that was, good. And competition !!!

Shelia said...

Hi Tamara! I'm so very sorry to hear about your Dad! My prayers are with you.
Your little daughter is so precious and look at her all dressed up in her finery.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Donna said...

"Wee one" is absolutely adorable...you just want to squeeze her! Her mom won't care if her dress gets dirty since it's BLACK! ha!
Sad to hear about yourfather. It is hard even when it's expected ike you mentioned. My parents were too yet not a day goes by that I don't miss them. Sympathies.
Somehow seeing the next sweet generation helps one to know that life does indeed go on.

Erica Feunekes said...

Our condolences with the passing of your father!

sweetsue said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. Also-what an adorable baby girl!

Becky K. said...

I am so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I am acquainted with that pain and pray that God holds you tight.

Hugs,

Becky K.

Sally said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about your dad. Somehow, even when expected, it is still a shock. ((((hugs))))

The wee one is so adorable. I know you get so much pleasure having her helping. :)

Carole said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Even when expected it's still a difficult thing to go thru.

hugs,
Carole

ps ..hope you have a great season too

T.B.H. said...

My sincere condolences with the passing of your Dad into glory. He is promoted and you are left behind. It's hard, isn't it? But our hope is with our Saviour, seated at the right hand of our Father, he knows our sorrows. May our heavenly Father graciously surround your whole family with His gentle love and sustaining comfort.
Thea H

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hello Tamara,
I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your Father. May you be at peace and find comfort in your heart.
I am so glad that you stopped by. I had a computer crash and lost contact with many of my bloggy friends. Thanks for finding me!
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Chandra said...

Our condolences with your dad's passing, Tam. Glad you were all able to be out there with him. Wishing you peace and comfort as you deal with missing him.