Saturday, March 5, 2011

Steve Whysall at the BC Home and Garden Show

The weather may not be that Spring-ish here in Vancouver, BC but there is nothing like a trip to the BC Home and Garden Show to make you feel like it's time to get outside and start gardening.  Even better, a seminar on gardening basics from Steve Whysall is by far the most inspiring for an avid greenhouse gal like myself.  Just because we have a greenhouse bursting at the seams, full of hanging baskets and bedding plants, that doesn't mean we don't need a little taste of Steve's sunshine to get us jump started with a wee taste of "Primavera" pixie dust!


Judging by the crowd that turned out to hear Steve's chat last night......I think we're all in the mood to pick up a spade and shovel as soon as the weather permits.


I was very unfortunate to arrive at the stage 30 minutes prior to the "Garden Basics" chat to find that there was not a SINGLE empty chair left.  However, I did manage to find a great spot to STAND which was directly beside the wine kiosk.  How FORTUNATE is THAT?!

I paid my 8 bucks for a glass of Merlot and waited with all the excited gardeners hoping to catch a bit of that frenzied garden fever.

The 45 minute presentation was FULL of photos from famous gardens around the world and wonderful tips on how to create a masterpiece in your own back yard.  I don't want to give away all his secrets because he says it so much better himself.  You have 1 more chance to hear Steve in person today so make sure you plan to catch him at the brand new Convention Center down town.

"clear: both; text-align: center;">

 Would you just LOOK at the SIZE of this crowd?!  You could FEEL the electricity from all of these garden lovers who just can't wait for winter to be over!

Honestly, I am so excited about this coming season.  All of us at Darvonda have been working super hard as usual to bring you the VERY BEST in container gardens from all over the world.  We are just freshly back from a trip to China last week where we did our final inspections of the remaining items which will be loaded on a cargo ship in a few days.  

So, just to help you get those garden endorphins flowing, here is a sneak peak at what will be coming soon to my favorite Big Box store near you.......


13 Comments »

13 Responses to “Steve Whysall at the BC Home and Garden Show”

Plumber Boy said...

I can't beleive Pepper is Famous already!! And what a breakthrough to have a dog lick your face!!

Tamara Jansen said...

You are sooooo right there, Plumber Boy. It is a GIGANTIC breaththrough for me but I will do anything to sell a plant.....even let a dog lick my face. All in the name of SALES!!! I'm a shameless merchandiser :)

momofcrt said...

I love your ingenuity, beautiful planters too.

Deb said...

spring is in the air....thank you for stopping in to visit...

Rosa said...

Okay I have to admit I started squealing when that fabulous puppy started licking your face!
I'm sooo proud of you!
What a great post!
We'll be seeing you in a few days!
:D

Donna said...

AND she SINGS too!! What a talented family!!! You are more and more impressive with each post I read!!!
I'm with you, sister, -about ready for spring to come! Your planters are just gorgeous!! I could barely see costs but was interested in several especially your tall planters. Do you ship to the US? my e-mail address is dstarkey7@hotmail.com . Since you are a "shamless merchandiser" can you give me a catalog or pricelist?? lol Looking forward to it!!

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

Yes, I saw the puppy licking your face also, and .... you looked Ok with it.

Tamara, you make my favorite commercials.

I have to make sure I drop by this spring and say hello.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Becky K. said...

That was toe tapping great!

I am soooo in the mood for Spring and gardening. My friend sent me home from church with all kinds of garden hangers. Yay! Can't wait to decide where to put them!

Your products look beautiful. Your trips are worth it!

Anonymous said...

LOL, very cute, Martin now thinks you are the next Shania Twain! He is uber impressed...he may ask you for your autograph next time he sees you...hope all goes well today, Lisa

sarah vandergugten said...

You have me smiling!

sarah vandergugten said...

You have me smiling!

NanaK said...

Enjoyed getting acquainted with your blog. Thanks for the comment on mine. I shop Costco A LOT and just wrote about an orchid purchase I made there. I will be looking for your nursery's mention on plants (and pots) I see there. Do you provide as far away as Florida?

Anonymous said...

Haha this was a great read Tamara. I live in Canada and I understand the feeling of wanting winter to be over and done with (trust me). I have a home greenhouse and its been a great way to keep my passion going even during some of the coldest patches of the winter! Happy gardening!