Friday, March 11, 2011

Doing Business Via Blackberry

It's Orchid week at Darvonda Nurseries and as usual......nothing goes smoothly!  The poor grower in California who supplies us with orchids had to pack 3 semi-trucks full in under 2 days, not nearly enough time.  And all because our beautiful cellophane papers we use for wrapping the pots up nicely were couriered to ONTARIO by accident.   Nobody noticed they were missing until they were ready to start packing the plants onto the deliver carts.  After much stressing and telephone calls, our papers finally arrived and everything was packed in a rush so it could land in our greenhouse before the weekend.

The minute the product entered our facility, we had one last "designer touch" we needed to add.  Just a little tuft of color coordinated sisal to give it an edgy texture.

What is SISAL, you might ask.  I know all of my Darvonda peeps were wondering as well.

Can you see that WHITE HAIRY STUFF on top of the leaves?  THAT is SISAL.  Unfortunately, I was the only one who knew how I wanted to SISAL to be added to the orchid for the most attractive way of accenting the plant and I was in Vancouver for the day.

Junior messaged me on his Blackberry "Like THIS?!"

"No, no, no.  More fluffed up!"  I messaged back on my Blackberry.

"Like THIS??!!"  came the next enquiry.
"Not really.  It should look a little more like a bird's nest " I respond.

"How's THIS???!!!" Junior asks again.

"That's better but a little too tight.  Loosen it up a bit" I text him back.

I think my peeps started to get a little frustrated with me around the 10th attempt at getting it just right because Junior finally sent me THIS photo......

"Are you sure you don't want it like THIS?????!!!!!"

I guess that's what I get for trying to design things via Blackberry messenger.

Now, if you live close to one of my favorite Big Box stores in BC or Alberta, make sure you hurry down to get your orchids this week.  We brought a whole lot of them in.......
and they are SELLING OUT FAST!


10 Comments »

10 Responses to “Doing Business Via Blackberry”

Plumber Boy said...

There was nothing in Abbotsford today. When are they going in??

Tamara Jansen said...

Uh oh! Abbotsford must be sold out because they went in on Monday

MelD said...

I'm kind of sad we didn't see them cuz I'm sure Plumber Boy would have sprung a few $$$ to buy me one :(

Lindsey said...

nooooo, don't rub it in!! i kept seeing them in peoples' carts while we were there. and repeatedly thought "i have to grab one of those beauties!". and then i forgot :( :( (and of course saw another 10 or so in the parking lot... at which point i HAD to get the little man home).

Donna said...

Sad I'm so far away...I want one too...-whine-
Too funny about all the sisal trials...great look!!

Lori E said...

As usual the Darvonda group has a beautiful product for our homes.

Deb said...

nothing like things running to the last minute....

Marina said...

Βeautiful colors!!! So Sprinky...!!!!

eddieross said...

Kate's hat fetish is so fun, and she has the best ones!
Have a wonderful week.
Xo,
E&J

Rosa said...

LOL on the sisal!! :D