Monday, March 14, 2011

Channeling Kate Middleton


Have you been following all the Royal Wedding buzz lately?  I have been faithfully checking blogs, flipping through magazines and generally keeping right up on what Kate Middelton is planning for her upcoming nuptials.  In the process, I have really been influenced by her wonderful sense of fashion.  I finally decided that this weekend was a perfect time to wear my most recent wardrobe addition.......


My brand new HAT!  Yup, that's me in my newly acquired head dress which I decided to wear for my niece's wedding this weekend.   What a shocking resemblance to the Bride-to-be, Kate, wouldn't you say?!  And yet, all is not quite as it seems under that lovely hat.  As a matter of fact, I have a ROYAL little secret under all that feathers and netting.   I am certain the newspapers would have a field day about this itty bitty secret if it was poor little Miss Middelton in the picture.

You see........

I had an unfortunate mishap with a pretzel the night before the wedding and I ended up swallowing one of my temporary front teeth by accicent.
Seeing as I am not a member of the Royal Family, I was not able to have my tooth repaired by the in-house dentist before the early morning wedding ceremony.  Nope, this poor commoner had to attend the event "au naturaal".  Good thing all the camera's were pointed at the BRIDE and not at me!

Kate?  Are you out there? Take my advice and make SURE you have an on-call dentist at the PALACE the day before the wedding.  Who knows if you don't bite down into your early morning English Muffin and suddenly lose a tooth that day?  You can never be TOO prepared.  Trust me on this one.

Now, I must say that the wedding was just beautiful.  Kate could have gotten some great ideas for her big bash from my sister.  The candy buffet ended up being the hit of the party, in my opinion.  However, all the cutey patootey grandchildren were also adorable.

But, why just take MY word for it?  You be the judge....



The whole party was a grand family affair.  Together we all set up the church and the reception hall the night before.  Everyone pitched in to set the tables....


decorate the hall.....

and stuff party favor bags.


My sister Lisa, mother of the bride, decided to do a CANDY BUFFET for the event.


and it turned out so beautiful that I'm thinking I may have to do one for my darling OPERA DIVA and her main squeeze who plan to get married next October.

 Planning for their upcoming even has kicked into high gear now that they have finally chosen a date.  Their party planner is very excited about the chosen THEME which just happens to be "A Venetian Romance" complete with masks.......


Palatial backdrops......


and wedding cake to match!

Hey, Lisa?  Are you up to the challenge?!  I mean, the cake you made for Junior was amazing.  Wanna give it another try?!

I'd better hurry up and sign off now.  It turns out that the beautiful lillies that went in to my favorite Big Box store this morning are missing UPC stickers.

You know what that means.  That means its going to be another exciting day at Darvonda today.

So, until next time, blogger peeps.  I hope to fill you in on some of the sister bonding time me and my siblings managed to squeeze in before the wedding......

but first we have a few post-wedding chores to finish around here.  There are dishes to wash and pack away before anymore fun can happen.  Lisa will be here in just a few minutes with her apron and rubber gloves, right Lisa?!
 Judging by the smile on your face......you can't WAIT to dig in and get it all cleaned up!


12 Comments »

12 Responses to “Channeling Kate Middleton”

Tamara Jansen said...

Video credits: Fancy Feat Studios
aka: Mini Me
aka: My daughter

Her official You Tube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/breannejansen2

Tamara Jansen said...

Graphic Design credits:

including programs, candy buffet labels, etc.

My Little Angel
aka: My OTHER daughter

Anonymous said...

Wow!! that is amazing!!!!It made me cry!! Breanne you are my new favorite,,Stephanie will be amazed..Thank you Thank you, LIsa

momofcrt said...

beautiful job on the video. I have a hard time believing my cousin's have children who are married and/or old enough to be married! Then again, a few years and ours could be too yikes.
Love that the candy bar had echte Hollandse drop as well.

Becca's Dirt said...

Weddings are so much fun (when you don't have to put them on right). Anyway it was beautiful.

I am watching everything on Kate and the Prince. I love a Royal wedding.

nanny said...

Perfect wedding....fit for a queen!
your hat is fantastic! (sorry about your tooth...did it hurt?) Keeping it real, uh?

Nancy-Mom said...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing for those of us at a distance :o)

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

WOW! Beautiful hat AND wedding!

Donna said...

The wedding looks beautiful, the cake -extraordinary, the hats -wonderful but the story...so funny! You are a self assured woman to photograph the cute gappy smile. Glad the tooth went down the right way...bet you were surprised!
Looks like a good time was had by all, no matter what!

Evelyn in Canada said...

Everything looks beautiful. They may be called Scotch Mints, but I've never known anyone to eat them more than the Dutch! I love the candy buffet idea. The last wedding I went to had an ice cream buffet, which included candy toppings and fruit and a chocolate fountain in case we were not getting quite enough calories in.

Did you photoshop your tooth back into the photos?

Tamara Jansen said...

Just to clarify how it was possible to be photographed without and with a tooth on the same day, I managed to get a dentist appointment for just after lunch to get my repair work done. Luckily there were a number of free hours between the ceremony and the recption :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I wanted to email you in regards in any possible advertising opportunities you may have with your website...I would be very interested in working something out with you if you have anything at the moment. I'm looking to earn support for a national cause and get visibility for the "plant 1 billion trees" project which Andrew Liveris and the Nature Conservancy have partnered up on for people to donate $1 to. Let me know if you would be interested at all in supporting this cause. I look forward to talking to you soon!

Nerissa
nerdbarry@gmail.com