Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How To Clean Up Your Desk Top Icons

Today I sat down in front of the family computer to do a little internet surfing and this is what I saw.  I have a ridiculous amount of thumbnails littered all over my desk top in a jumbled mess.  It's just not PROFESSIONAL, I told myself.  It's time to get rid of the clutter!

So I started to look through my files to see which ones to delete or which I should file in a more appropriate place.  Of course, that means I first have to open each of the files, like this one entitled IMG00411-.....

to see what it is and where it belongs.  As soon as I opened it, I realized that this is a precious picture of Great Grandma sitting in my nephew's new sports car last year, looking like she's 90 going on 19.

I can't clean that off my desktop!  How am I ever going to find this picture back again if I tidy things up.  Where do you file something like this anyway?  Would you create a new tab called "Gramma's Gone Wild" ?!  It just doesn't seem right to me.

And what about this cute picture of the Wee One last year?



Create another new file called "Chubby Baby Who Can't Stop Yawning"?

Recently my daughter sent me THIS photo......

It looked to me like the Wee One was busy cleaning up her Mom's desktop icons.

"Don't do it, Wee One!  Your Mom is gonna regret it some day!"

I've decided that I prefer an unprofessional looking desktop to an organized one.  Organized people are not as interesting as messy people, I think.  Would you agree?

I would like to hear from you on this subject........are organized people as exciting to be around as disorganized people?  Let's hear from you today.

In the meantime, I am off to open more files and see what great memories are stored there.

Toodles!


5 Comments »

5 Responses to “How To Clean Up Your Desk Top Icons”

Anonymous said...

I vote organised....much less stress, for me and everyone around me!I wish I was always organised..but I'm not :( Lisa

Tamara Jansen said...

I have to agree with you Lisa :) Although my true nature is to be totally disorganized, I prefer the calm feeling you get when things around you have their place. Wish it came to me more easily :)

Rosa said...

WEll Tam you and I are in the same place. It goes against my nature to be organized so I have to work hard at it but the calm feeling makes it worth it. Of course if I start a new project that all flies out the window!! :D

Nancy-Mom said...

Uncle Ben is sooo organised that sometimes it drives me crazy cause he expects me to be the same :o( of course seeing as he's the one doing everything around here it's a good thing I guess but sometimes it's just to mundane. You need a little disorder now and again to keep things lively :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Where will you put new icons? Let me recommend this quick way to organize: create folders on your desktop such as "Precious Pictures" for your baby and grandma pics etc... "Programs" for icons such as Adobe and Audacity..."Favorite Links" for webpages that you have sent to your desktop etc...once the folders have been created just slide the icons into them....
How can you tell. I am an organizer! Your desktop makes me dizzy...but also give a giggle. I wish I could be like you!
Thanks for entertaining me with your blog. I love reading it.
Shelley in SK