Monday, February 7, 2011

FTD Roses Are On Their Way!

Griff's Red Buck Rose
It's Valentines week in the horticulture industry......and you know what THAT means!  Roses are being sold by the millions, inspiring LOVE and WARM FUZZY feelings all over the world.  It's amazing what sort of emotions a simple little ROSE can evoke in us ladies, isn't it?

Even though we don't grow or sell roses here at Darvonda, I wanted to get in on the action.  So last Friday I decided that I was going to send a dozen roses to someone out there in blogland.  I know I would REALLY love to get a dozen roses by mail and so would my sister Rosa.  So, I figured there must be a few more peeps out there with that same craving. 

The winner has been drawn, ladies and gentlemen.......and the WINNER is Beth from Beyond The Garden Gate in Iowa.  I was meandering around in her garden this morning.

Beyond The Garden Gate
and I have a feeling she has some seriously GREEN THUMBS! 


Beyond The Garden Gate
 It just feels so SPRINGY down at her blog, especially her June 2010 posts.  They will lift lift the spirits of any gardener who is dreaming about fresh blossoms and garden parties.  Snow BE GONE, I say!

Now, all those beautiful spring flowers got me all dizzy and excited.  I can't wait till the sun starts shining and chases away those gloomy grey clouds.  I wanted more people to share in my bloom induced high.....so I decided to pull a SECOND name from the bucket.

I know, I'm crazy like that!

Well, guess who won THAT bouquet of ROSES?!


Escaping to Life
My darling niece Colleen who just so happens to live in with this darling little cabbage patch doll in frigidly cold Southern Alberta!  I know that you could really use a bouquet of Roses to get you through the next HALF YEAR till the perma frost abates a bit.  I'd bring them to you myself but it's just too rotten cold in Coaldale to ever visit.

I must apologize to my darling sister ROSA who was the one who gave me the idea in the first place to give away some flowers.  I'm sorry that I didn't pick your name.  I know you NEEDED those flowers.  I feel even WORSE knowing that....... I gave Lisa a DOZEN AND A HALF red roses for her birthday yesterday!

The 3 Sisters

I LOVE you too, Rose!  I really, REALLY do!


16 Comments »

16 Responses to “FTD Roses Are On Their Way!”

Marina said...

You three are like..."Charlie's Angels"!!! I wish I could paste the photo!!!...;)

Colleen said...

Yay! I'm sooooo excited! Especially because we got 15cm of snow overnight! Roses will sure brighten the next two weeks for me, and maybe by then the snow will be gone again :) Thanks!!

momofcrt said...

I'm so sad ;-).
You three looked beautiful at the wedding, nice to see Rosa dressed hehe.
Enjoy your spring busy-ness!

Rosa said...

MARIE!!!
Are you suggesting I usually walk around UNDRESSED???? LOL
Oh well Tam. . .
Looks like HENRY might have to spring for some roses. . .
The sun's out today so it's all good. :D

Beth said...

Tamara, I am so very excited! And thankful that I was a winner! I will e-mail you with my address. THANK YOU so much, and by the way, I am very glad you shared my photos!
Blessings and hugs, Beth

Anonymous said...

A lovely photo of 3 sisters. Sisters are just the best!! I love mine.
Joanna Vanderpol

Becky K. said...

Congratulations to the recipients!
You are such a sweetie, Tamara.

Donna said...

Congrats to the winner...you are a fun friend!! That was a great gesture!
Love the pic of you three sisters!

I'm with you about spring...so the flower pics were great! I just read a blog where the mom asked her 3 year old if her liked the new fallen snow...he said yes, but I like green grasses better! ha! Me too!!

Laura and Colin said...

All that effort in my limerick for nothing :) Oh well, it was fun!

underdog said...

Don't tell Janet that Valentine's Day is NOT on the 15th. :)
Drei kleine cleutertjes. Probably spelled that all wrong, but you get the idea. :)

Evelyn in Canada said...

Wow - you three clean up nicely! That's a great picture of all of you.

momofcrt said...

AHAHAHA Rosa, nope...you just said on your blog that you rarely dress up, you always get dressed of course :-).

momofcrt said...

OH and I just reread my first comment, I realize I forgot to add the word UP...nice to see Rosa dressed UP!!!!

Nancy-Mom said...

Ha, and Rosa's supposed to believe that ???? Send the poor girl some roses already, she's probably suffering some SAD out there in that frozen area :o)

eddieross said...

Roses will be such a delight to have around during the next few weeks. I am thinking rich, bright colors will be a perfect addition!
Be sure to check out my blog for the latest picture frame ideas!
Happy Wednesday!
Xo,
E&J

Anxiety Cause said...

Wow! Those flowers surely looks good!