Monday, January 31, 2011

Wedding Planning - Version 3.0

Well, you could just blow me over with a FEATHER.......or a SNOW BLOWER......either one will do.


You see, this very lovely couple pictured above has just decided to take the plunge.....


Yup, this afternoon our third child got ENGAGED to Darvonda's import/export guy!  Can you BELIEVE it?!

A few years ago they met while sitting in the French Horn section of a mass band.....


It was LOVE at first sight.

He kind of reminds me of the professor from Gilligan's Island, don't you think?  He's all serious and knowledgeable.  He's a NO monkey business kind of fella.



We hired him on at the greenhouse a few year's ago because he was so detail oriented.  We thought that he might be able to rub off on me and make me a little more organized. 

He is very organized.  Me, not so much. 

This afternoon, he pulled the Big Guy outside onto the porch to have a chat.

"Uh, I was wondering if I could have your daughter's hand in marriage?" he asked, all old fashioned like.

The Big Guy was flustered. 

"Well, I guess you can.  But you have to agree to washing my car every week for the next year, DEAL?!"

And that was it. No fireworks or fanfare.  My little girl was.......ENGAGED.

The Big Guy saunters into our room a few minutes later with a big grin on his face and says "You won't believe the conversation I just had with the Professor.  He asked me if he could marry our Opera Diva!"


You can imagine that I was calm, cool and collected upon hearing this news.

Yah, right!  I think NOT!

I started screaching and bounding out the door to go and congratulate my baby......but......I forgot that the Professor had not yet had time between asking permission from her father.......and getting down on one knee with the ring.

Fortunately for the Professor, he was very organized.  He already had the bling in his pocket.  He was totally prepared to pop the question.  A quick trip to White Rock was all it took.....

Congratulations guys!  May the Lord richly bless you as you plan to join together in His service for the rest of your lives.

In the meantime, I will definitely need to put my thinking cap on.  I've got a WEDDING to PLAN!  Anyone have suggestions on the theme that would best suit my Opera Diva and her Professor?!


14 Comments »

14 Responses to “Wedding Planning - Version 3.0”

Elske said...

That's just AWESOME! There are a lot of weddings in your family going on :)

Elske said...

* going on in your family it should be I suppose :)

Becky K. said...

How very wonderful!!! You are so good at this....no suggestions. I am just so excited to sit back and watch you work. This should be good!

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Donna said...

Well, you ARE THE wedding planner extraordinaire! It will be a great wedding for sure if the last one was any indication! We had two weddings within 6months too so I know the level of excitement and work! Good luck! Her ring is so feminine and pretty! Congrats!!!

Marina said...

Ow my God Tamara, congatulations!!! As soon as the one makes his own family, a new wedding is appearing!!! I wish you to have always happy events in your big family!!! The couple is so very cute...!!! They look alike, they meant to be together...I suppose your husband has all his jobs done with so many new members....LOL...
What do you think of the pink or purple for their wedding? I feel them very romantic musicians and that's why I think these colours suit them!!!

momofcrt said...

Wowsers, you must be pretty old if your third child is getting married eh? hehe, yeah I know just one year older than me ;-)
May the Lord richly bless this couple as they prepare for, and enter married life. May they be as happy and blessed as my husband and I have been.

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

One beautiful surprise after another. Congrats to all.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Rosa said...

Congrats!!!
How much time are you going to have to plan?. . . .

karin said...

Congrats! I really get a kick out of following your blog... especially all the wedding planning! I shall enjoy watching this all come to fruition!

Emily said...

Congratulations! Wow! I remember when I babysat Opera Diva she was a singer then already (about 5/6 years old?). Have fun planning!

Alyson Sunny said...

Oh Professor! I think it suits him very well!!! There was an abundance of screaming in his home last night when the phone call was put through! (I had the privilege of being there at the time!) I can not wait to spend the monday that Opera Diva gets here, not going to sleep, but screaming and hugging and giggling! Dont worry I will take good care of her when she is at my house!

A baroque style wedding... (they did meet playing the french horn! :OD) Happy Planning!

Lori E said...

Who wouldn't want to have a wedding when they see how well you host them.
Just another challenge for you. I can't wait to see this one.

Wedding Planning said...

Now a days people are having in lot of love affairs and they are showing their love more outside in more new way. And they way you have showed your love is also very nice.

Wedding Ideas & Questions and Answers said...

Thanks for sharing ideas and pictures. I find some of these picture in weddingiwant.com and then found your site.