Friday, January 28, 2011

New Additions

Today I would like to introduce you to the newest addition to the family.   She came all the way from Ontario to join my Little Angel's household as playmate and canine protector for the Wee One.....

 but, unfortunately for me, I have an intense fear of dogs.  I've always been afraid.  I don't know why.  It's a completely uncontrollable FEAR!

So, if I want to be able to see more of this.....

or this....



or THIS.....

Wee One eating the dog treats!
I am going to have to start facing my FEARS right now.

I checked the internet this morning and found out that Cesar Millan, famous dog trainer extraordinaire, offers on-line courses in "dog". 


I think I'm going to sign up. 

Either that or we fly him to Vancouver for an intervention!

Now, if only I could get some understanding and support from my family regarding this overwhelming fear that one day, some rabid poodle will come racing out of nowhere and maul me to death.

WHY do my kids's think this is soooo FUNNY?!

This is a SERIOUS phobia I have, people.  It is possible to be mauled by a stray poodle.....

You understand my fear, right my darling Little Angel?!

What do you mean, I am being ridiculous?!

Mini Me, I KNOW you understand......

Not you too!

How about you bunch of random 16 year old friends of Danny Boneduce who invaded my hot tub?  You understand my very real fear of dogs, right?



Anyone using my hot tub better say "YES" or they will have to leave immediately!

I guess I'm going to have to work on this little issue on my own.  You'll all be sorry when you get a call from the morgue one day, asking you to come down to identify the body of a 40 something year old woman who was viciously attacked by a poodle in down town Langley some day!

Now, next time I sit down at the FAMILY computer to do my blogging, I will have to remember to avoid having my hair done by my kids who want me to get off so they can get go on Facebook. 


They live to humiliate me!




9 Comments »

9 Responses to “New Additions”

Colleen said...

Pepper is adorable!! And my mom got used to Pebbles, though I imagine this dog will be bigger than Pebbles' whoppin 3 lbs. But you'll do fine! However, it's not strange you are scared. I invited a friend over who didn't know I had a dog and she was so freaked out she wouldn't come into the house until Pebbles was in her kennel!!

Lori E said...

I love dogs but totally understand a fear of them. Lets face it. Some dogs should be a worry.
For the most part though they are great and the best way to win them over is with treats. Be the doggy grandma with the kibble in your pocket and you will make a friend for life.

Donna said...

You poor thing...you are missing out on something very fun in life...I wonder if you were bit by a dog when you were small enough not to remember? It may have left a mental scar. Any way, that is not irrational.
Love the braided hair...too cute!!

Rosa said...

Hey Tam,
Congratulations on becoming a puppy Grandma! lol!
If you do want to understand dogs Ceasar is the best.
And nobody said fear had to be reasonable. . .
I suport you all the way!!!!

Claudia said...

What a cute puppy! When I was a little girl, I had a terrible fear of dogs because a big dog knocked me over when I was a toddler. My parents got a dog because of that fear. I went through a period of fear, but eventually, I LOVED having a dog and have had one (or two) ever since!

xo
Claudia

Jennifer@threedogsinagarden said...

Your puppy is so cute. Dogs are easy to get to love. Trust me, I have three.

Nancy-Mom said...

Hmm, what's this about poodles ? do I have to send Licorice your way far a bite of Tamara ? :o)Dogs seem to sense when someone is afraid of them and then they do seem to react badly to that. Sooooo, at least TRY to pretend that you like dogs except they seem to sense that falsehood as well.Play with the dog a lot while he is still little and you will learn to like/love him. Gauranteed, I promise. I can't do without my doggie :o)

Lydia said...

look at all this positive reenforcement. :D I like it a lot. You should post more about my adorable border terrier who is so wonderful. Your followers will teach you to love her :P

Tootsie said...

what a sweet baby!!! I think pets are always a great addition to any family.
hey girl...you going to the Pw Outdoor living extravaganza event in Toronto?