Monday, December 13, 2010

Leaving Your Loved Ones Is Hard To Do!

How am I going to do it?!  I have to leave the Wee One and all my kids behind yet again.  We are jetting off to China with a pit stop in Vietnam starting Monday morning.  I really hate to go at Christmas.  I really do.

So I decided that it was time to decorate the Tree before we leave.......

But FIRST, we had to make sure that the organza wedding tent which arrived for Junior's wedding was the right dimension.  We didn't want to find out the week of the wedding that this lovely fabric tent isn't the right size after all we went through to ship it over from the orient.  So, finally we got a chance today to unroll it and take some measurements.

It's big......really BIG!

We almost lost the Wee One in a see of sparkly white organza.

Eventually, we managed to establish that the tent is the correct dimension so that takes one more item off my "To Do" list.

Then I tackled the Christmas tree!

The Big Guy went out and bought me a fake tree this year since I'm putting it up so early.  Can't have a fire hazard in the house while we are away, now can we?!

I am looking forward to getting home to enjoy the FESTIVE SEASON soon!

Since Blogger and Facebook are blocked in China, I will begin to go COLD TURKEY starting noon tomorrow.  I'm starting to feel jittery already.  You have no IDEA how tough it is to not have access.  It's horrible......cruel and unusual punishment, I tell you.

Wonder if they have a complaint department somewhere in Asia that I can go to?


8 Comments »

8 Responses to “Leaving Your Loved Ones Is Hard To Do!”

Lori E said...

I am glad to see you have a poinsettia in your picture. Lol.
There is a complaint department but trust me you don't want to go there.
Have a safe trip.

Claudia said...

Safe travels! It must be hard to be away at Christmas! I would have a hard time going cold turkey myself.

xo
Claudia

Reader Wil said...

Hi,Tamara! You must have an interesting job! working with plants and flowers is always rewarding if there are no nasty insects around to destroy what you grow with so much love and care. I must confess that all my plants in the house are artificial, for I am often away and I don't want my neigh bours to have a lot of work looking after my plants any more. I am glad they keep an eye on the house.
Funny to meet another Dutch woman on the blog living on the other side of the world..
The Dutch are everywhere!!! Thanks for your comment.
Have a great trip to China. Merry Christmas and a great 2011!

Colleen said...

Safe travels!

Laura said...

So you did get a few poinsettia's before they were all bought up eh? Your little one looks so cute playing in the tent! I can imagine how hard it is for you to leave them at Christmas.

I totally get the fake tree for travel years. We had one that we would pull out as a kid for the years where we were away from home visiting family. safety first!

Marina said...

Your tree is beautiful and happy! Have a safe trip and come back soon to your family!!! I hope Santa will be there as soon as you come back...

Nancy-Mom said...

The tree looks beautiful.
You may not be able to blog while you're gone but will have lots for us when you get back.
Have a good trip.

momofcrt said...

I look forward to your post when you're back, enjoy your time away.
We have a fake tree too, but that's cuz we got it free and being of Dutch descent....hehe. plus it's less messy than a live one. We used to go into the busy in Smithers for our trees, but can't do that any more.