Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Jansen Family Christmas Card Photo Session

Every year I like to send out Christmas cards.  I love the personalized touch, so for the last few years we have sent out a family photo. That way our friends and relatives can keep up with us and how we are all aging over the years.

But, have you ever noticed how STRESSFUL family photo sessions really are?!

First of all, we have the difficulty of finding a suitable place where we can have the pictures taken that isn't too far away from the greenhouse since this is BUSY SEASON and no one actually has any TIME to sit for pictures.



Then there is the issue of color coordinated clothing.  Have any of you EVER tried to get the ENTIRE family into similar tones of clothing for a photo shoot before?!  Trust me, this sort of project is not for the faint of heart.  Much organizing is involved.  Complicated clothing swaps will ensue.  Safety pins and belts are used to keep borrowed clothing on for the picture.


Of course, once everyone arrives for photos, care and attention must be paid to how long certain members of the family will be willing to sit and smile for the camera......


Some of us LOVE getting our picture taken.....


and others, not so much!


Some of us end up looking like we should be in the pages of a glossy magazine.....


and some of us just look like we should "GET A ROOM!"



All in all, family photos always APPEAR a whole lot more RELAXED than they were in real life.  But I don't care.  I am happy to force my kids to get all dressed up for my Christmas photo regardless of how hard they fight me......


because it's worth every last bit of stress and anxiety it causes!


Let me know your FAMILY PHOTO FIASCO's by leaving me a comment.  I LOVE to hear from you!

And just in case you were wondering who took our wonderful photos, just pop by my favorite photographer's website, Dragonflight Photograpy,  to check out more of her amazing work.


10 Comments »

10 Responses to “The Jansen Family Christmas Card Photo Session”

momofcrt said...

Gorgeous Tamara, what a blessing to see your children all grown up/growing up. I remember when you had your first one, wow.

Becky K. said...

Beautiful!!

I love the white on white. Your family is so lovely.

We don't do annual family photos. Some of us just aren't that photogenic. ((Smile))

Becky K.

Anonymous said...

Tamara,
Beautiful pictures!
Iknow how stressful family pictures can be and how hard it is to get the whole gang interested in the process. We just had our Christmas picture done a few weeks ago. I'll be getting one to you along with Erin. Too bad someone very important is missing from our picture!
Aileen

Tamara Jansen said...

Oh no, Aileen! Don't tell me Junior refused to be in your family photo! I am so sorry that he isn't more easy-going about that stuff. We had to go to GREAT lengths to get him to participate this year :)

Rosa said...

That is going to look great on my new gallery wall!

Emily said...

Nice pics! Just thought I should let you know Lawrences CD has made an impression on Russell. He told me he wants one of those 'guitars'. How cute is that. Then again, he 'wants' every musical instrument that he sees(his latest fave is the tambourine...we'll let it go for Jingle Bell season:).

Nancy-Mom said...

They're all beautiful Tamara, love the color co-ordination. Yes, I remember what it was like getting everyone together for a family pic. wasn't exactly fun. Hope to get one for our 40th next year. Did one of the two of us a few years ago, on need to do another any time soon. White hair and less of it would be the only difference :-)

Lori E said...

I just saw a Santa photo of a friend's little girl on Santa's knee...well kind of on his knee because I am pretty sure he was on fire by the way she was screaming and trying to get down.
The photos are lovely. She did a very good job as did the fashion coordinator.

Anonymous said...

I've never left you a comment before, but I can't ehlp myself this time. What gorgeous family photos! The only thing that disappointed was I couldn't see your shoes. I'm sure you had some fab ones on as always!

Evelyn in Canada said...

If my family were so good looking, maybe we'd get family photos too. Great pictures!