Thursday, December 9, 2010

Before and After - The Darvonda Christmas Edition

I have some exciting news for you all today.  The busy season here at Darvonda will soon be over.  Just last week we were completely plugged full of the most gorgeous poinsettia's you have ever seen.  We have been working really hard to ship those all to market.  As a matter of fact, the place is starting to look down right EMPTY!



Want to see that again?!  Here is BEFORE......


and AFTER.....



Hey, this is FUN. 

BEFORE.......


and AFTER......


All I can say is "Woohoo!  It's party time!"

But wait.  What do I see in my future?  Is it time to relax and start preparing for Christmas dinner?  Can I start my Christmas gift shopping finally?  Or maybe I have time to send out my Christmas cards?!

Not a CHANCE!  This is the greenhouse industry, people.  We've got a lot of organizing to do for NEXT Christmas!  Unfortunately for me, that means another trip to the orient on Monday. 

Yup, you heard me right.  Back on an airplane to China to work on samples and ideas Christmas 2011.

Oh, woe is me.  Another week away from the Wee One......


But, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?!

Now, make sure you stop by Steve Whysall's blog today because he's done a really cool article on Darvonda and all the innovative things we've tried over the years to bring new ideas to the market.  Not only that, he's got some GREAT photos in the greenhouse (I borrowed a few for my blog today).  His photographer makes my poinsettias look REAL good.




11 Comments »

11 Responses to “Before and After - The Darvonda Christmas Edition”

Peter Scholtens said...

Very nice!

I thought of you while on a recent trip to a trade show in Nova Scotia - home of the Barra MacNeils.

momofcrt said...

and I get excited when I can make a trip to Edmonton for a day ;-) Safe travels to you.
It's amazing how quickly things change when you ship eh?

Emily said...

Just take her along! No big deal ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a difference a week makes! Hope you have a blessed trip, and hope you make it back without any delays, as we would really miss you at Christmas dinner! Lisa

Marina said...

Go...go...girl!!!I'm happy for you!!!You managed to sell everything despite the economic crisis!!!! Your husband has the best manager...in the world!!!

Rosa said...

Well that just Stinks!
And I thought I was tired!!

Laura said...

Great before and afters! Love the colours of those Poinsettia's. Have a fun and safe trip!

Cote de Texas said...

hi - pure style home did a story on pointsettias - here: http://purestylehome.blogspot.com/2010/12/phew-and-poinsettias.html

hope you enjoy it!!!!! I love her blog.

JOni

eddieross said...

Wow, the before and after pictures are impressive! Thanks for sharing and happy holidays!
Xo,
E&J

Marina said...

You're more than welcome to come for a dinner!!! In fact, I have a tea-party for my friends on Tuesday and I'm waiting for you too! After all it's just...a few hours trip to come here:D

Anonymous said...

I just purchased one of your poinsettia in New Brunswick today. I really like the nice pot and gold sparkles! It looks fantastic and very healthy.

Continue the good work!