Monday, November 8, 2010

Stylist To The Stars

I wear a lot of hats around here.  I am a MOTHER.  I am a GRAMMA.  I am a BUSINESS OWNER.  And every once in a while I am a STYLIST to a group of rag tag recording artists who just happen to be my very own children.

In a few weeks, my super talented kids are going to record their first CD together.  They have been practicing very hard to ensure they sound their very best when the big moment comes.  It's an exciting time around here.

Now, of course, I'm thinking about more things than just the actual music they are going to play.  I have to figure out how to MARKET this CD as well.  So this week we have the important task of finding the right outfits for their CD cover PHOTO SHOOT.

It has been decided that everyone is going to wear white.  Unfortunately, it is NOVEMBER in North America and there is almost NOTHING in the stores that even resembles white......

and apparently the white that is available is not really that APPEALING to my budding STARLETTE'S.


I thought I had done a GREAT job finding some really edgy shirts that would ensure a modern look.....


but instead, my choices were met with shreaks of laughter and general disdain.


SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!  How is a top notch stylist supposed to get her job done if her clients insist on MOCKING her every choice?!

So, now I have asked my young assistant to surf the net for some hip styles that are sure to please.....

I am positive that we will eventually find the PERFECT outfits with the Wee One in charge of wardrobe choice!


6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Stylist To The Stars”

Becky K. said...

I get the eye roll now. Sigh....well, at least I just ask Chelsea to point something out to me that would look good. She does and it does. Double sigh.....

Best wishes on the recording!!!! That is very exciting.

Colleen said...

cute pic of C! kids love electronics!

Anonymous said...

tehehe dont you just love shopping with your daughters?! One thing is for sure, there is no way that there will not be every type of emotion from anger frustration and tears to laughter joy and an acing gut!
~lydia

Rosa said...

hahahahaaha!
I stoped shopping with my girls Years ago.
As a matter of fact HOLLY is the one who styles ME (Unless I go shopping with mom and Lisa. That works well to!)
Have tons of fun with this project!

momofcrt said...

hehe, I bet your mom thought the same when she shopped with you eh?
Love the picture of your granddaughter.

Marina said...

Come to my blog! An award is there for you!!!