Monday, November 29, 2010

Stolen Telephone Cable Cuts Contact With Outside World

It happened AGAIN!  Thieves stole the telephone cables nearby, leaving us with no way to call in or out during BUSY SEASON!

What more could go wrong?!

Should you need to place a POINSETTIA order, just send us a SMOKE SIGNAL to 6690 - 216 st, Langley, BC.

Phone lines will take a minimum of 24 hours to be repaired.

Now, just in case you thought that was our ONLY problem for the week, think again.  Another one of THESE.......


was delayed!  I was expecting it a few weeks ago and it only JUST landed in Vancouver last night.  Not sure when it will be off-loaded.  The suspense is killing me! I need that container 'cause it's full of CHRISTMAS product that should have been in the stores already.

Think you've had enough?!  Well, not here at my place.  On Saturday night we saw THIS.......

in the house.  We couldn't find the source of the smoke so we decided we'd better go install one of THESE......

"tout de suite"!

At 2 am, Sunday morning, it WENT OFF.  Apparently THIS....

has decided to call it quits.

We turned the old gal off to avoid being exterminated in a raging house fire.

The temperature dropped to a bone chilling 19 degrees Celcius at my place (66 degrees Farenheit).  I just about died of frost bite.  My brain can't function at anything below 22 degrees (72 degrees). 

So, tonight I think I may indulge in a few of THESE......


while waiting for the cable guy to get our telephone back on line, the container to arrive, and the furnace repairman to finish installing a new furnace.

Anyone care to join me? 


7 Comments »

7 Responses to “Stolen Telephone Cable Cuts Contact With Outside World”

Nancy-Mom said...

Boy, I'd hate to have such a boring life. I think you need to come up here for some excitement :-)

Hey, just a minute, where are you writing this from, huh ???

Hope it all gets fixed and found soon.

Anonymous said...

What you are cold at 19, that is what our house is set to and I wear shorts in the house - then again Kathy has to put on the fire place once in awhile. Our furnace is not even turned on for the season yet.

Cheers,
Lee

Anonymous said...

I think you'll need more than one of those! Belinda

sarah vandergugten said...

Oh, Tamara! I guess boring wouldn't be bad for a day or two!

Rosa said...

You have GOT to be KIDDING!!!
Do you have heat yet?!

Tamara Jansen said...

Heat is back on. Only needed a new fan.....hopefull!

Becky K. said...

Good Grief! You are in the midst of it! Hope the phones are back soon...since I read in the comments that your heat is back on.