Sunday, November 21, 2010

Metamorphosis from Mom to Music Manager


  
I can't believe what I have become.    I thought I knew my place in life. I thought I was just a regular Mom to 5 regular kids.  This past month, that all changed.  I made the switch from Mother to Music Producer without even realizing what was happening.

I was arranging rehearsal.....

after rehearsal......

after rehearsal......

after rehearsal.....


after rehearsal......

click photo for rehearsal video
after rehearsal!  And as you can see in THIS photo.....

the over abundant rehearsals nearly sent Danny Boneduce over the edge.  The only thing that brought him back to his senses was....

a late night game of hockey.  There's nothing like shooting a puck around the ice to clear your senses, right Danny?!

Now, if you are wondering how you go about producing a CD, all you have to do is follow these 5 easy steps.

STEP 1:  Choose which pieces to play.
NOTE WELL:  Getting FIVE talented musicians to all agree which pieces to perform on a CD is not for the faint of heart.

STEP 2:  Photocopy all the parts,
NOTE WELL:  Make sure your photocopier has been serviced and is in good working order.  Photocopying under pressure is much more difficult when every page you print gets caught in the rollers and needs to be extracted manually.

STEP 3:  Organize binders for Violin 1, Violin 2, Viola, Cello, Piano/Organ and Full Score.

You will need extra help for this step!

NOTE WELL:  Always have a file with a complete extra set of all music for yourself.  Rest assured, someone will misplace music and your secret stash will come in very handy!

STEP 4:  Schedule regular breaks....

It's easy to forget to EAT when you are this busy......

and your instrument will need to rest as well.


STEP 5:  Get everyone to the church on time!



NOTE WELL:  When choosing a recording artist, make sure you hire someone as wonderful as THIS MAN.....

Don Harder at work recording a solo by Mini Me
 He will keep all participants calm and organized as well as allow you to listen in on the fun.

It was such a pleasure working with Don!  What a challenge for him to get everything he needed to be able to make the musicians sound their best.  He sat in this same position the entire day with no breaks.  I brought him muffins, grapes, mandarin oranges, coffee, water, Tylenol and an ice pack to try help keep him going.

I do believe that he thought we were CRAZY.  We were trying to record 16 pieces in 8 hours!

At the end of the day, he even gave me a big HUG.

At first I thought that perhaps he was thanking me for pushing my 5 children to work hard at getting this CD produced.  Then I thought perhaps he felt sorry for me that I had pushed my 5 children to produce a CD in just 1 day.

Or perhaps he noticed me laying on the floor in the fetal position right around 4 in the afternoon when I realized we still had 5 more pieces to record and only 1 hour to do it in.

Anyway, I am pleased to say that this MOM/MUSIC PRODUCER is very, VERY proud of her family.  They worked crazy hard this past month and we hope to hear the fruits of their blood, sweat and tears very soon!

And if you missed the concert on Saturday night with The Jansen 5 and our FAVORITE organist, Peter Wildeman along with his Tenor Florian Poepjes, it was just wonderful.  I heard the word "goose bumps" over and over from many of the audience.

Don't forget to reserve YOUR copy of The 5 Jansen's with Peter Wildeman.

Contact me for your copy.  You know where to find me.  I'm always here.

And don't forget to hop on over to Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday where you'll find all kinds of wonderful peeps doing amazing things out there in blogland!


6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Metamorphosis from Mom to Music Manager”

tupperwaregal said...

I would love to reserve a copy, Tammy! Can't wait!
Adalia

Anonymous said...

And now...back to real life and homework!! bummer, LOL, Lisa

Rosa said...

You are the BEST manager I know!
And WHO has a pipe organ in their living room??!!
Also wanting a copy of course!

midnight macaroons said...

WooHoo!!! I'm so excited about your family's new cd. I'm on my way out of town for Thanksgiving but will be back on Saturday. Leave me a comment how I can reserve one.Your family has an amazing talent and I'm anxious to hear the cd.

CONGRATS!!!

GiGi

Anonymous said...

I would love a copy of the Jansen 5 cd! im so excited to hear everything!
Maddy Stieva

T.B.H. said...

Reserve a copy for me too please!

theodora1950 at hotmail dot com

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing it!