Wednesday, October 27, 2010

While I Was Away....

Cabo Frio, Brazil
Last week, while I was in Hong Kong......

Tai O, China
the Big Guy was participating in meetings with our sister churches in Brazil.....


He is a member of a committee that assists in funding various mission projects that require financial assistance in Brazil, South America.


Committee of 3 members meeting in Cabo Frio, 2010
6 members from Holland, Hamilton and Surrey attended the meetings of the Brazilian Reformed Churches to see if they could continue to work together to aid our brazilian brothers with their economic needs to further the work of Christ in Brazil.

Breakfast

The participants at Synod had many opportunities to enjoy a meal together......

Synod of the Igreja Reformada do Brasil, 2010

meet together......


John Vanderstoep, Pastor Ken Wieske, the Big Guy
walk together.......

walking together to church in Cabo Frio
read the CLARION together.......

Pastor Thyago reading the Clarion with his colleagues

and meet new friends together.....



The Pastor of Cabo Frio, his wife son and newborn baby
And for SOME REASON, quite a few people noticed that the Big Guy was on his BLACKBERRY a fair amount of time......

The Big Guy on his blackberry

I can't imagine WHO he was communicating with.......


because it sure wasn't ME!

This is where I was sleeping last week.......


View from my hotel room

and this is where my main squeeze was sleeping........

View from the Big Guy's hotel room

I really, REALLY missed him while he was gone.......

John Vanderstoep and the Big Guy
but we had agreed that it was necessary to DIVIDE AND CONQUER!

But, once I saw THIS photo......


Cristo Redentor, Rio de Janeiro

I realized that no matter how far apart we are, we THINK ALIKE!


Giant Buddah, Hong Kong
Even though we are THOUSANDS of MILES apart, we both tried to see a little of what our respective countries had to offer......

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil




Hong Kong, China


This evening, as we sat around the dinner table enjoying a meal and watched the Big Guy entertain us with his prowess on the trombone, I couldn't help but count my blessings for such a wonderful husband and father.......


What an amazing fella I have been priviledged to spend the rest of my life with! 





11 Comments »

11 Responses to “While I Was Away....”

Becky K. said...

You live a very interesting life! How wonderful that your husband is able to invest time and energy in mission work! And he plays the trombone too....awesome!

Becky K.

tupperwaregal said...

It is always nice to know that our spouses think of us when you are apart and that you think alike.
Adalia

momofcrt said...

The Lord has blessed you in so many ways.

Anonymous said...

Since when does the big guy play the trombone? Or does he just not play it well? LOL, Glad your back and the pictures of Brazil make me remember our wonderful trip there with you guys...amazing to get to experience so many things in Gods creation, and to get to experience a little of what our mission workers and missionaries have experienced for many years. Lisa

Tamara Jansen said...

Just thought I should clarify that the Big Guy does NOT play the trombone. He was only demonstrating for us that if he only practiced a little, he would be amazing!

NOTE the kids laughing hysterically in the background :)

Anonymous said...

I think he is amazing too; volunteering to drag 88 lbs of "essential" food and books to J+K and K+T and families! Alida

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

What an amazing post my Dear. Contrast and likeness. . .thinking.
Reading through your posts I came across the bandaids. Next time try Dr. Scholls Mole Skin if you never have. It's sticky on one side and padded on the other and works much better. Very nice for hiking in the woods too.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Anonymous said...

You should have given me some of those photos for the missionaid newsletter! oh well...save them for next time I guess. Keep blogging, we all enjoy it :P

lydia

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It must be hard to have to both travel at the same time but both yours and your husband's photos are wonderful! I'd love to see both locations one day.

I give thanks for my husband every day! We are so blessed.

Colleen said...

Yep, he's got to learn an instrument, he's the only one that doesn't play!!

French-Kissed said...

I really enjoyed my first visit here. Fascinating life you lead. I am delighted you left the comment that led me here. I wonder if I have ever bought one of your poinsettias? I go crazy for them every Christmas.

~jermaine