Friday, October 15, 2010

Shopping For Treasures In The Orient


On our recent buying trip to the orient, I decided that it was IMPERATIVE for me to hit the WHOLESALE MARKET.  Actually, it was crucial since Junior is planning to get married in January.  That means there is a PARTY in my future.  And you know ME when it comes to parties.......I just can't help myself.  I tend to THINK BIG.

Fortunately, Cinderella was willing for me to do a little wedding shopping to help with the Venue decorations. The VENUE just happens to be the greenhouse. They are planning a FORMAL event........

So, off we went to the market, together with our tanslator, the secretary, our driver, the Big Guy and MOI.....


we shopped like fiends......


Everything was bartered for and catalogued.......

so that we could come back and collect our treasures once they had been brought in from the distant factories that stocked the style and quantity we required.

Our Driver was assigned the task of trailing the Big Guy, who kept wandering off and getting lost....
Shopping is not his FORTE.  As a matter of fact, he really HATES shopping.  That is why it was such a shock for me that he put up with it for EIGHT solid hours.

You can IMAGINE my surprise when he let me do some EXTRA shopping the following week in the "knock off" market and even HELPED OUT with my purchases.  He was right in the booths with me, checking out the quality of the leather and the stitching......


I even found these PRECIOUS shoes for the Wee One.....


using my blackberry to approximate the size of her foot.

I bought these FABULOUS "Gucci" shoes for MYSELF......


and a TON of costume jewellry to sell in the RETAIL this Christmas.....


Our tanslator/supplier bought me this GORGOUS Swarovski clutch purse.....



because I drooled on it so badly it started to rust and the clerk wouldn't let her leave without paying for it!

So, now you know the story of how Tamara came too have so many purses that she is in a position to GIVE ONE AWAY......



to one of her lucky blogger peeps this week!

It's such a beautiful handbag that the Wee One tried to steal away with it this afternoon.....


But I caught her before she could make off with the loot.


Now, all you have to do to get a chance to be the LUCKY WINNER is to leave me a little comment below.  I'd love to know if YOUR husband is a HAPPY SHOPPER.  What are your tips to make a shopping trip more enjoyable for your man? 

You might be SHOCKED to hear that since our return from China, following our marathon shopping trips to the Wholesale market, the Big Guy is a changed man!  Yesterday we had to buy a few things for him before he jets off to Brazil this weekend.  Here he is, all happy with his new coat purchase.........

and the SCARF he chose to match.

And here he is purchasing a new pair of sunglasses......

wanting to know if they matched his cell phone.

Not only did he WILLINGLY enter stores without being coerced, he also sent me in to try on THIS dress...


while he bought a new pair of dress shoes for the trip!  WHAT IS GOING ON?!

Maybe there is something in the TEA we've been drinking lately.  I must say, I really like this change in the Big Guy.


18 Comments »

18 Responses to “Shopping For Treasures In The Orient”

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh Tamara, What a GRAND trip. Wow. So many knock offs, so little time! Those tiny shoes are just darling. So are the Guccis. :-)
Actually, as for shopping husbands, mine isn't too bad. He actually likes shopping, but I think that is because it means he isn't home doing stuff on the "honey do" list if he's at the mall or antiquing with me.

Whatever -- I'll take it! He only gives away his true feelings when he keeps checking his watch.
:-)
Cass

Anonymous said...

wow...I am the lucky wife of a husband that loves shopping for jewelry while on vacation. I have some beautiful pieces from some of our travels, and remember exactly where it was purchaed and when. It's not only beautiful to wear, but makes me smile thinking about the lovely time we spent together in different places.Lisa

Anonymous said...

We usually split up. He waits very patiently for me on a park bench or in a "guys" store. He has bought me jewellery when we are on vacation though.

PS. I really like the purse. :-) Alida

sarah vandergugten said...

We hold hands....and go for lunch afterwards. And I like the purse a lot. Better than my little sister. ;>)

Anonymous said...

well my husband does not like clothes shopping so he go to the electronics and when he needs something he buys for a whole years worth. As for vacations i cant get him away fast enough. I have to remind him we only have so much room in our luggage. As for purse's he seems to think i buy a new one every few months, and i think every season turns into a new purse. Thanks would really like to own that purse as the one i have is a little to small and if i buy a new one again i might be sleeping in the dog house. lol Chris Eenkhoorn

Blue Creek Home said...

You racked up some great things on that shopping trip! I would have gone nuts in those jewelry stores.

As long as my husband has a sports magazine or a newspaper, he will sit and wait for me for about an hour-max! If it's going to be longer, I don't even mess with inviting him.

The Gucci shoes are great, but Wee One is the cutest thing on this post!
Rhonda
Rhonda

Colleen said...

J'adore the purse with the cream handles, behind your "gucci" shoes. :) And those little shoesies are soooo cute! I'm sure C will look just precious in them (not that she needs the help though).

Marina said...

It seems that your grand daughter knows what to choose!!! That burberry bag is gorgeus!!! But what I really loved were her tiny shoes!!! You must change her name to "the Burberry Baby-model"!!!
As for the shopping, I never go with my hubby unless he must buy some clothes. The reason is that he's getting bored and tired easily and then he wants to buy me everything... All he says is "take it..."! Instead of that I love to buy everything I want and then showing him my choises as a...model in a runway!!!:D

leona said...

Quite the little shopping trip! I think that the BIG GUY is ready for West Edmonton Mall...hope to see you sometime :)

TrevorandMel said...

Trevor is an advid shopper...when I'm out of town :( He always seems to make some big purchase when I'm not around to veto or question the purchase! He does enjoy shopping to a point but I never shop for myself with him in tow or I end up feeling like I'm taking WAY too long! Love the little shoes too! So cute! I had a few pairs from China passed on to me once and they were SO cute!

Anonymous said...

My hubby is good for about 10 minutes, and then claims exhaustion!
Deanna Van Dyke

GeorgiaPeachez said...

I absolutely refuse to shop with my husband because he will spend two hours trying on things and then talk himself out of purchasing any of it.

Those purses and shoes are too fab, especially that swarovski clutch.

I hope you bought that gorgeous dress in the window. That must look so gorgeous on you.

Alice Stiksma said...

It sure looks like a girl could get lost shopping in a few of those stores. A way to get a guy lost in a store is to bring him to Bass Pro Shop in the Crossiron Mall in Calgary, already the name is manly!!! Then you go to the entrance of Bass Pro Shop and the entrance is a site to see and it pulls, no sucks a male in by its arched double doorway of antlers, as you cross the threshold of those doors. Their eyes do not see it is a clothing store, they are looking at the big horn sheep climbing a mountain and wolves and bears oh no! There is a real plane hanging from the ceiling and as the male marvels at all the eye candy, they also shop for at least 2 hours and purchase clothes, shoes and and all the while your waiting to get out into the mall. Waiting for you is the Coach factory purse store, shoe stores and jewelry. But first you have to get through the pro shop where there are four wheelers and live huge fish in a creek. All the outdoor eye candy is blinding them to the mall entrance where the females eye candy waits. When you finally make it to the entrance of the mall he still wants to shop. [They really know how to get a husband to the mall and get him to shop and the best part is that he doesn't realize he really is shopping] Hope this helps and yes his phone looks good with his sun glasses. Have a good day Tammy

Rosa said...

That dress is SO you!
And Not only does Henry not shop, Unless it's a very special occasion (like being with a sister) I don't shop either!
So winning that purse would mean I don't have to shop for one!!
lol

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

Those tiny shoes are A-Dorable!!!

Chandra said...

So, did you buy the dress???

My hubby is NOT a shopper. Bu then again, neither am I. Are you sure you and I are related? :o)

Anonymous said...

'Live simply so others can simply live" is my motto so I avoid most stores.

Ashley Ferreira said...

First - Thank you so much for the link to my website :) and using the Dragonflight at the bottom of Law+Erin's photo! :) They were so amazing!

2nd - Celina's little burbery/coach shoes are adorable! Especially with the matching dress! Your such a cool Nana!

So the dress? --- Lawrence's wedding? :) Gucci shoes MUST BE!?