Sunday, October 17, 2010

Musical Metamorphosis


Mini Me has been taking violin lessons for the last 12 years.  In teenage years, that translates into, like, FOREVER.  But lately I've been noticing that she has been going through a MUSICAL METAMORPHOSIS that is just hard to describe.  Now that I think about it, being a teenager is really all about METAMORPHOSIS.  It's just one big transition into the real world, which for some can be painful but for Mini Me is just a whole lot of FUN!

Over the years I have paid a whole boat load of money to make sure she had the very best musical experiences, including SUMMER MUSIC CAMP with friends......



the best violin we could find that didn't break the bank.......

This is NOT our vioin.  But we wish it was.....

But after all our hard work and encouragement, Mini Me has started to expirament with other instruments like THIS....


and even THIS.....



So what's a mother to do when her darling baby daughter wants one of THESE for her birthday?!



ukulele
 Well, at 59.99, she buys it right away. 

I justify my decision like this:  If Mini Me had asked for an IPod or a Wii like a regular teenager, I'd be out of pocket a whole lot more. 

So, she is now the proud owner of a ukulele. 

She learned how to play it in 2 minutes yesterday afternoon. 

While she was waiting at the cash register. 

Her first concert was at dinner last night.



Without further delay, I now present to you her first hit single.  You're gonna love it!



Now, don't forget to check out all the Metamorphosis going on this Monday over at Between Naps on the Porch.  Lots of great stuff going on.

And, the winner of the big HANDBAG giveaway will be announce tomorrow morning.  Make sure you stop back and find out who the lucky blogger is!


14 Comments »

14 Responses to “Musical Metamorphosis”

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Very cute! She seems very talented!

Green Willow Pond said...

You have a precious and amazing girl there!

Linda said...

Her smile is infectious.
those music lessons are working she has talent. Have a great week.
Linda

Colleen said...

I remember when she used to LOATHE vocal lessons...

Anonymous said...

lol, we were just discussing that at the dinner table tonight Colleen! I guess as family, that's what happens..you know the back story.. but really am glad that you all have grown to appreciate all the lessons, we love listening to you!(just not random whistleing!) aunty Lisa

John Vanveen said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfmAeijj5cM&feature=related

Maybe she will be as good as my rolemodel one day...:)

nice choice of instrument.
greetings from jantje

Lindy said...

I'm glad you visited me. I think this is the most interestingly different blog I have met up with. I'm following for sure!!!! This is going to be fun!

Very talented (and pretty) daughter!

Chandra said...

I think your next big investment will have to be a proper recording studio and real video equipment, Tam!

Thoughtfully blended hearts said...

I think your "mini me" is growing up and becoming a wonderful person...oh to be able to share music...the only thing I can play is the radio!!! Enjoy each day with her!!!
Have a wonderful week!!!

tupperwaregal said...

Wow she is very multi talented, thats awesome!
Adalia

Claudia said...

I love that she is exploring different instruments! How talented she is and how proud you must be.

xo
Claudia

Rosa said...

Well your boat load of money has been worth it, beacuse she is showing a boat load of talent and I love the fact that she is exploring and figuring out what she finds facinating and exciting about music.
Good job mini me!
Aunty Rosa

SavannahGranny said...

Sounds like a bargain to me. She will pay you back in concerts. Sounds like you have a Prodigy on your hands. Enjoy the ride.

midnight macaroons said...

I LOVED IT!!! I could watch her play for hours. Your family has so much talent.

Gigi