Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Metamorphosis of the Mind

Guangzhou, China
When I was a kid I dreamt of travelling to far away places.......
New Delhi, India
of meeting exotic people........


Bangkok, Thailand
 and seeing wondrous things.......



Taj Mahal, India

Living a life of adventure.......

Costa Rica

Making memories the world over......


Curacao
But now that I've been to all those incredible places......


Disney World, Orlando, Florida
and experienced some amazing stuff......


New York City

I have found that my GREATEST TREASURE isn't in far off lands........


Egypt
and romantic destinations......


Paris, France
Nope, there has been a great METAMORPHOSIS in my way of thinking!  I realize that my REAL adventures happen right here at HOME......

10 year anniversary photo

Watching my children grow up and get married......


Seeing my grandbaby explore her world and learn new things.......




I realize that am one BLESSED woman!

I want to encourage everyone who stops by today to take a moment and count their many blessings.  Look around you and see the wonderful treasure that lives right there beside you, your brother's and sister's, mother's and father's, your children and grandchildren.  Tell them you LOVE them and give them a HUG from me!

Just because.  You don't need a special occasion, do you?!

Now, make sure you stop by again NEXT MONDAY because I am planning a GIVE AWAY.  Yup, tell all your friends to stop on by too for a chance to be the proud owner of this beautiful bag. 

 I purchased it on my most recent buying trip in China, along with a whole slew of other gorgeous stuff.
It's going to go to one lucky visitor on Monday, October 18.  All you need to do is leave me a comment below and I will put your name into a hat.   Every day this week, when you leave a comment, I will put your name in again.  I'd love to hear from all my blogger peeps 'cause y'all are just WONDERFUL!  

The Wee One is very excited about this give away too.....
especially because this purse matches her new Sunday dress that Gramma bought her!


Make sure you stop by Between Naps on the Porch for more METAMORPHOSIS going on out there in blog land.  Tell Susan I told you to stop by!


28 Comments »

28 Responses to “A Metamorphosis of the Mind”

Pemberley said...

The photo of your grand daughter at the piano is just precious! I will be checking back in with you tomorrow!

T.B.H. said...

Wow what an wonderful post! You have seen all the places I longed to go, maybe there's still opportunity for me...
Thea

momofcrt said...

Wow you really have travelled the world over Tam! I've been as far south as Tijuana, Mexico and as far east as Toronto, Ontario. Been through 10 States, but nothing so exotic.
I'd love to just visit even two of the countries you've been to.
alas, I have a husband who doesn't care to travel and a bank account that doesn't allow it :-)
I love seeing your pictures though.
marie

Susan (My Place to Yours) said...

Yep... I've been counting my blessings all day. I'm a lucky gal, too! (Sweet pic of the grandone playing the piano!)

Anonymous said...

You are fun to travel with sister of mine!! love you, hope you feel better soon, Lisa

Rosa said...

Hmmm. . .
Plenty of blessings over here!!!
And I do need a new purse. . .
:D

Johanna said...

Looks lovely!

One of my favourite places is Kuala Lumpur. Went there during easter and it was fab! Almost better than NYC. ;-)

Thanks for a lovely blog.

Greatings from Norway!

Deanne said...

Loved your photos,
That dress on your granddaughter is so cute. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind comments.

A Hint of Home said...

You are so right, the most important things in life can't be bought or traveled to.
Looks like you have had an incredible time of traveling the world.
Happy Fall!

eddieross said...

What a special post! We really enjoyed it... especially with the amazing travel photos!

E+J

Mary Ellen said...

Goodness how blessed you have been to be able to travel the world!! I am so blessed that after all you have seen you realize just what is really the most important thing in life- many don't get to that point till after it's too late and they have wasted life on frivolities instead of lasting things!

Oh I would love to travel- but I am content if I never step a foot outside this country-contentment is where you are-

bee blessed
mary

the cape on the corner said...

what a great post! and i know the opposite of what you were going for...but i sooo want to travel as much as i can, and am envious of your jet setting!

thanks so much for stopping by the cape on the corner, and for your comment on my halloween tweaking. i hope you got a chance to enter my birthday giveaway, as well!

www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

Colleen said...

I noticed the bag matched C's dress! She's getting so big! And that is a cardboard picture of a lady in bangkok right? She looks a tad one dimensional to me...

tupperwaregal said...

Wow, i didn't realize that you have been so many diferent places, that is awesome. For me the only time i have been on a plane is to go from Ontario to B.C. Would like to one day go to Holland.
Adalia

Atticmag said...

I completely agree about taking every day as a blessing and celebrating those. You are so right and you said it in a beautiful and adventurous way. Thanks for stopping by! Jane F.

Anonymous said...

mmm thats a predy nice looking purse! Even nicer looking baby! I think I need that so we match :D
Lydia

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Hi,

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I really like it when a post "tells" a story and your post did this wonderfully. I too have traveled in the past and will do so again, but like Dorothy I feel..."there is no place like home". The ordinary days with their blessings are best.(-:

Greenearth said...

What an exciting journey.

Ashley Ferreira said...

Thanks giving is such a wonderful time to look and remember that sometimes in this day we do take things for granted. We are all blessed in many different ways, sometimes we need a little rememberence to appreciate it!

alice said...

Loved seeing your travels around the world. What a precious post.

LovingLynden said...

I looked twice at that pic too Colleen - she was much too perfect!
Yes, home is always nice to come back too isn't it Tam?

Donna said...

I loved the photos of you and your wonderful trips, and of your beautiful family! I too love to travel, especially Paris (loved that shot!). So true, that we just need to look around us right where we are to find our joy!

Sherry said...

What a fantastic post! This was a wonderful stroll down your life. Loved the family photos!
Thanks for stopping by.
Sherry

SavannahGranny said...

Such a beautiful post. You are so correct in your thinking. I love the Anniversary picture.
My hubby and I celebrated 52 years this year. I pray that you exceed that mark. Blessings, Ginger
Thanks for your visit today. Please come back often.

leona said...

You hit the nail on the head with this recent post. I think that pic of your family in earlier times is the absolute BEST one!! Enjoying your blog :)

Purnima@a creative project said...

! wow.. you have traveled so widely..lucky!!!You have a very lovely family!

Chandra said...

Hmm, if I win the purse, will you come deliver it in person and stay for a visit?

thacianne said...

Me emocionei ao ver a foto do seeu 10 aniversario. Eu estava ai quando esse quadro foi pendurado na parede... Parabens pela linda familia, e pela metamorfose!