Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Can't Believe How Close It Is To Christmas! Poinsettia Show and Tell

This morning I had a GRAPHIC DESIGN EMERGENCY!  One of our biggest buyers called me to request an advertising pamphlet showing their 2010 Christmas program.  She needed it quick.  Actually she needed it today because her Christmas presentation is TOMORROW. 

So, I had to call in the BIG DESIGN GUNS at Darvonda.

TAMARA (8 am phone call to my daughter AKA: Design Guru):

"Hi sweetheart, how are you this morning?  Uh, can you get over here RIGHT NOW?!  I need your graphic arts expertise PRONTO!  I'll take care of the Wee One for you if you could just quickly throw together some advertising for me this morning.  PLEASE?!  PRETTY PLEASE?!"

MY LITTLE ANGEL:

"Of course, Mom.  I'll be over in a MINUTE!"

So, as soon as she arrived in the greenhouse, I got to give the Wee One her grand tour of the facility.......
which we did with the drive on sweeper. 

Don't judge me. 

It's a BIG greenhouse. 

I was wearing heals. 

As we drove around, I suddenly noticed that the poinsettias hanging up in the warehouse are starting to get some color!


Can you BELIEVE IT?!  That means it's almost Christmas.....

I am so NOT ready for Christmas yet!  ARE YOU?!

I'm curious to know if I'm the only one who procrastinates on my holiday planning.  I'd love it if you let me know how far in advance you get prepped for christmas by leaving me a comment below.  For every commenter that leaves me a little note today, I will add your name into the hat.  On Monday, October 18th I will be giving away this GORGEOUS handbag......

I am a little sad to be parting with this bag since it is a perfect match to my Grand daughter's Sunday dress......

but I'll do anything for my blogger peeps!  I just love y'all so much.  You deserve the best!

N|ow, it's Fertilizer Friday over at Tootsie Time and if you like to see what gardeners are doing out there this week as the Fall approaches, you should definitely pop in!

I can also recommend that you pop over to My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday  You'll see all sorts of home and garden projects to get you inspired to create this weekend!


23 Comments »

23 Responses to “I Can't Believe How Close It Is To Christmas! Poinsettia Show and Tell”

Linda said...

I don't know how it came to this but I am running around every year on Christmas eve. Uh look out.

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

I planned way ahead this year. We bought plane tickets to Ontario. That is it, no decorating, no shopping, just a bit of packing to do :)

Colleen said...

Can't wait to get my poinsettias - probably pink :)

momofcrt said...

I am planning my decor in my mind. I am considering gifts for my family.
I won't do any of it until December ;-)
nothing so fancy schmancy as what you get your house up to, but I love Christmas decor.

Karen said...

It can't be that close to Christmas (can it?) And do I have to admit that I'm often still working on Christmas preparations, such as wrapping gifts in the car en route to visiting the recipient's home? I have done this way too many times to count. Planning ahead is not my strong suit. :-)

The poinsettias are amazing, SO many of them; and what an adorable little one!

middle child said...

I used to finish most of my Christmas shopping in Oct. when my husband was out west hunting. We have all cut back quite a bit now. And as for the purse, if I win, feel free to send the Grand daughter too. I agree they should be kept together. Plus,..My youngest and prob. last Grand daughter is 5 years old so, yeah, a little one would be nice.

Lori said...

I worked in a poinsettia house in college. LA Tech. It was so much fun.

tupperwaregal said...

I start decorating the middle of November, I love the Christmas season. We have been going to my in-laws every year so we will be doing that again.
Adalia

T.B.H. said...

Uh, what happened to my comment I left the other day? Oh well, here's my entry for the bag.
Don't you just love grandchildren? I post often about them. Let me know if you want in to see....
theodora1950 at google dot com.

Chandra said...

You're not kidding, it matches her dress perfectly!! Oh well, I'll take it off your hands anyway...

Dalene said...

I would love to have a new bag. I start gettting ready with my gift closet now and thru November.

Anonymous said...

Gottsa laugh about the sweeper and the high heels! I am always amazed at how long you can go in them..did I ever tell you about the time we flew home from Rome...and I had listened to your voice in my head regarding how to dress while travelling??LOL..last time I ever wear heels while travelling! LOve you, Lisa

Rosa said...

It seems to me that you were multi tasking Tam.
You were touring and sweeping the floor at the same time!!
I've already got a few presents stashed away. . . :)
(I bought one of them in January!)

Laura and Colin said...

Okay, I'll admit I read your blog (which is wonderful :) ...and I would really like that purse. It's the perfect reason to find my own outfit to match with it :)

Millie said...

Your post today reminded me that I'd better get started on my Christmas shopping, or I'll have no time to enjoy the poinsettias during the season (or any other decorating)

Tootsie said...

I don't know how much this counts...but I do plan...sometimes...haha...I know what I want to do...the last couple years I have not really been in a mood to be planning...but this year I am getting there! I know a few of the gifts I want to get...have a couple already bought...and I am thinking about the lights and things this week...since it is getting cold here soon...I best get them out there if I'm going to do it at all!
poinsettia's are looking great girl...might need to try my hand at one again this year...never have had luck with those babies!!!

Ashley Ferreira said...

It's nuts how quickly time flies! And i would totally use the sweeper if I had heels on!!!

Anonymous said...

Your granddaughter is so adorable im already for christmas got half of my gifts wrapped and waitin for the tree lol
Katherine S

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

I am totally a procrastinator for Christmas. I get really annoyed in the stores when they start playing Christmas music the day after Halloween. I am not a good present buyer and it makes me anxious. I love the poinsettia though.

Natasha said...

I am so ready for Christmas! I just wish I was celebrating it somewhere cold rather than the hot Christmases we usually experience here.

Happy Weekend!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Evelyn in Canada said...

I usually start to think about Christmas fairly early because I try to make quite a few of my gifts. This year, my goal is to finish renovating our bathroom before Christmas so I can entertain thoughts of making any* of them.

Donna said...

Wow, how neat to see the story behind my new purse! How cool is that? Do you work for the airlines? My hubby worked for years for NWA, so we get flying benefits, and love to travel. Though we've never been to the Orient. We did visit B.C 7 years ago and loved it! Your greenhouses look amazing! I remember seeing lots of them when we were there. Thanks again for the purse, I'm so happy!