Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Floral Addict Intervention Is Imminent

Twenty years ago when I started in this biz, someone told me the following:

"Tamara, this industry is addictive.  Once you're in it, you'll never get out"

At the time I thought that sounded a bit like a bad episode of the SOPRANO'S.  Little did I know, his prediction would be so very, very RIGHT!


I mean, there is nothing as intoxicating as fresh flowers......


My compulsive need to see beautiful blooms is no longer controllable..........



I think I need to get myself into a 12 step program.......



before I go off the deep end!



Do you think I could get away with wearing THIS......



to our next Parent/Teacher interviews?!

How about THIS.......


for the next United Flower Growers membership meeting?  It's not too over-the-top, IS IT?!

I think I need and INTERVENTION.


DON'T FORGET:

All this week I am entering every one of my blogger peeps who leave a comment into a draw to win an authentic Hong Kong Disneyland Winnie the Pooh Bear. I brought him home in my suitcase last week.  So, make sure you let me know how YOU feel about flowers.  Are you as crazy about blossoms as I am?  How often do you buy yourself a bouquet of fresh cuts to put in your kitchen?  Don't be shy.  This is your chance to really tell me what you think.......

Photos are from Tulips & Pansies - the Headress Affair Facebook page.  This is a New York Fundraiser put on by VillageCare, a non-profit organization which is serving older adults, persons living with HIV/AIDS and individuals in need of medical and rehabilitation services.


11 Comments »

11 Responses to “A Floral Addict Intervention Is Imminent”

Becky K. said...

Tamara,
These are great! A wonderful way to start the day......
I love flowers but don't splurge on them as often as I should. My mother is very gifted at using flowers and greens from her garden to dress a family dinner table. I think that one day when things calm down around here a bit I may get better about those kinds of details.

Becky K.

tupperwaregal said...

Wow, i wonder how heavy those pices would be to wear. I love flowers, i don't buy them much though. My mother-in-law also has great centrepieces when we have family dinners. She even did all the flowers at my wedding.
Adalia

Anonymous said...

LOL...I've been saying for years that you need an intervention...oh, you mean because of the flowers?! No, that's a pretty harmless addiction most of the time. Is Erin reading this yet? She should be scared...very scared..Lisa

Evelyn in Canada said...

I'm sure they are very heavy. I'd love the hat that the beautiful bride is wearing. Perhaps you could give away one of those??

Colleen said...

Wow, wedding hair instead of a bouquet?

momofcrt said...

Hmm, one of those would be a great mother of the bride hat for juniors wedding wouldn't it?
I don't often buy flowers, but whatever blooms out front, I pick and enjoy inside.
Funny story, when our last son was born I received a gorgeous bouquet of flowers from my husbadns employers. The card read "congrats...blah blah...and was signed all the employees, INCLUDING Henry's!" So he figured he didn't need to buy me flowers. When I got home he bought me a plant though :')

Rosa said...

Well I would wear the purlpe hat!
And if YOU need a 12 step program I should probably go with you!
I do by flowers every week in the dead of winter. I just by a few gerberas or something else inexpensive and put individual blooms in tiny vases.
If I get serious cabin fever HENRY will bring home a bouquet!
There is no such thing as TOO MANY flowers!!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Hey hey Tamara, Haven't seen you in a while and so glad you dropped by. Coming to your blog is always so much fun and so interesting. Yes, I love flowers. Even though I love all the pumpkins and Fall mums, etc. I am dreading having to pull out all my beautiful pink and white impatiens that are still going/growing strong even though it is almost Nov. 1. I always, always have fresh flowers in the family room, usually in an old ironstone pitcher. Most times I can get something from the farmette and if I can't then I buy from the grocery store and add in pretty bare branches. I am lucky in that we have lots of holly, pine and red berries so I will have plenty to pick until New Years. Then it's amarylis until I can start picking fruit branches and forsythia to force bloom in the house. lol..I probably told you more than you wanted to know. xoxo Lynn

Anonymous said...

wow am I glad you found this AFTER my wedding! Gorgeous in the photos though :P

lydia

Anonymous said...

I need to buy flowers more often. They make a not to spiffed up living room look company ready. alida

Kimia Kline said...

haha these are so wonderful :) and i agree--fresh flowers are so addictive.