Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fall Frenzy at Darvonda

Hi y'all!  Have you ever noticed how BUSY things are in the FALL?  There's just so much to do once summer starts to cool and the kids go back to school.

Of course, getting dressed up for Fall is a big priority.  Over here at Darvonda, we are TOTALLY decked out......


We've been working hard to harvest over 100,000 garden mums.........

Photo: John Godron, Langley Times

Then there are the acres and acres of POINSETTIAS on the go.......


because CHRISTMAS is just around the corner........


Next there are the cucumbers......



that have been pumping out 70,000 cukes a day.........


And, of course, there is my beautiful grandbaby who stops by to visit GRAMMA regularly........


I've been training her in the art of shopping.......


and even taking her to INDUSTRY EVENTS like the CanWest Horticulture show this week......



Lucky for us, it was held in Vancouver on one of the most beautiful sunny days you could imagine.


All that sunshine made for gorgeous photos but proved to make paying for parking a bit of a challenge......

or there is a remote possibility that the Big Guy should consider a trip to the optometrist.

 I'm just sayin'.

Now, just in case you think I have time to sit back a relax for the weekend, that's just NOT the way I roll.  Nope, Tamara's got a big PARTY planned to celebrate Junior's engagement to Cinderella and everybody is coming over tonight.  I've gotta get the place in shape to have guests.  Friends and family have been notified.  Pumpkins and haybales have been purchased.  All that's left to do is......

clean the yard
cut the lawn
buy groceries
prepare the snacks
hit the liquor store
organize the decorations
clean the house
take before and after photos.......for the blog.......you KNOW I'm gonna blog about this!

I'd better get my keester in geer 'cause I've got lots of work to do!


7 Comments »

7 Responses to “Fall Frenzy at Darvonda”

Becky K. said...

Wow! Hope it is a very fun party!!!

Keep up the great work in the greenhouses! Everything looks so amazing!

Pam Kersting said...

There is never a dull moment in your life Tamara! Enjoy!

Evelyn in Canada said...

70,000 cukes a day!? I hope that was a profitable venture for you.

Your life is waaay too busy. I don't think I could do it, and I'm pretty sure I don't even want to try. I'd have a breakdown, I'm sure. Have fun at the party though. I'm sure it will be great!

Lori E said...

I was just talking about your fabulous shop this morning with my friend Maryanne that came with that day you gave us the tour.
Your plants are always so healthy and strong. Your mums are incredible.
Can I live at your house?

Rosa said...

Wish I could have been there!
Love the polka dot dress, and boy, does she ever remind me of you at that age!
See you soon!

momofcrt said...

wow your grand daughter is getting so big
hope the party went well
love the decor in the shop!!

Judy @ In His Grip said...

Oh, my heck, one of my dream jobs is to work in a greenhouse, wish I lived near by. Thanks for stopping by In His Grip.

Judy:)