Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The 5 Browns


Hmmm.  What a novel concept. An entire family of fine musicians.......


2 Brothers and 3 sisters, all accomplished musicians........



That just can't be possible.......



And yet, here's the proof that it IS possible.



Amazingly enough, I happen to have the exact same phenomenon in my family......


Fortunately they all play portable instruments as opposed to a piano.  These stringed instruments fit in a suitcase so going on tour is a lot more practical. 

Except for the Cello. 

We have to buy the Cello it's own seat when we fly. 

We call him Fred.



There's a 5 Jansen's CD being recorded sometime soon.  Rehearsals are in the works.  Everyone is PUMPED.  It's gonna be great.....


as long as we don't kill eachother in the process.  Working with family isn't as easy as you might think

I'll keep you posted on our progress.  But, for now you can enjoy this little snippet with the Wee One singing away in the background.


2 Comments »

2 Responses to “The 5 Browns”

midnight macaroons said...

I'm beyond thrilled that you stopped by my blog. I can't describe in words how excited I am for you and your family to record a cd. I enjoyed watching them play in the clip you posted. Absolutely amazingly talented. My husband and I both love classical music. We have it playing through the house 24/7. My husband plays guitar but not classical. He plays Blues/Jazz (he's from New Orleans). I wish I possessed such a gift to play an instrument but unfortunately my musical talent only lies within a mere whistle. I look forward to following your blog.

p.s. you have a beautiful family.

A new fan,
Gigi

midnight macaroons said...

I just finished watching your videos. Those are FABULOUS!!! I thought my hubby and I were the only ones who make up songs about our business, clients,friends, family, anything and everything in our life...He grabs his guitar and I bust out singing around the house.

My hubby calls me Monkey. This morning over breakfast he grabbed his guitar and sang, "When you're in love with a beautiful monkey." From the song "When you're in love with a beautiful woman" by Dr. Hook.