Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's a Dog's Life - Part 2

Late nights, snow in the Prairies, broken down semi-trucks, tipped over container gardens, irate customers, erroneous orders, crop failures and general mayhem seem to be the way we roll around the greenhouse during the big spring rush........it's chaos.......it's mayhem.......it's a dog's life

All of our peeps are working their TAILS off this season......

late nights eating Pizza or Samosa's are an ordinary occurance these days. Some people think that owning a greenhouse and working in the flowers is like living in a dream.
All plants all the time!
What could be better than that?!
I am so glad that I get to meet so many people in my line of work who are excited about plants and flowers. There are some people out there who can't get enough of it. Some of my blogger peeps even set up germinating tables in their BEDROOM to make enough space for their garden addiction........right my darling sister ROSA?!

And they are so right about how much FUN this industry is!
Sure, it's frought with unwanted bugs, root rot, fertilizer deficiencies and such......But it is THE most dynamic business anyone could ever have the pleasure of working in! Now, I'm off to pour myself a glass of wine, soak my feet and lick my wounds from a most ridiculously tough week. Oh yes..........and I'm gonna go COUNT MY BLESSINGS!


9 Comments »

9 Responses to “It's a Dog's Life - Part 2”

Colleen said...

Hey, I was at Costco this afternoon and saw quite a few carts at the tills loaded up with plants, many from Darvonda! It's been great weather the last 2 days here.... so hopefully even more people head there to load up :)

Coco said...

I am sure it is like any supply and demand business during rush season.....busy, chaotic. But because you love the business you are in it makes it better....

Nice looking plants.

Becky K. said...

Lots of hard work that makes for a lovely product! If you have that much activity you are definitely doing something very right!

Have fun!

Becky K.

Lori E said...

Those are so cute. I still haven't made it back out there for my delphinium pot Tamara but I must tell you that the plants I did buy from you are so healthy and gorgeous.
Real quality plants. Thanks.

Rosa said...

Sorry to hear it's been such a hard week!
I'll say extra prayers for all of you.
I think you and Lisa will have to come up here for a weekend slumber party when the busy season is over!
Miss you. . .
Rosa

Nancy-Mom said...

So Tam, how does someone in Vernon, where there isn't a costco, and who doesn't have a costco card,get one of those cute doggy planters ? anyone here sell them??

cindy said...

I just love the production of the Dalmatian Dog planters. They look so rewarding, everyone will love them in there garden (they don't lift their leg) :-)

cindy said...

working in flowers and plants is so relaxing, but, to you it probably isn't as fun as it is for us.

Marina said...

I wish I knew you better Tamara! As soon as I visit your blog, I forget all my problems and my heart smiles. You're always so optimistic about everything, even if the things go wrong. I try to do so too, but it's not easy sometimes! Work + flowers make the days more beautiful for sure! I wish we were closer...