Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spring Production is in Full Swing

Things are filling up fast here at Darvonda. Spring is in FULL SWING! Cuttings are being rooted and baskets are being planted. There's LOTS or work to be done!

Greenhouse BEFORE.....
Greenhouse AFTER......

STOLEN MOTORHOME UPDATE: IT'S A WRITE OFF!



We have our motorhome back. Very little of it remains intact. Appliances, curtains, chairs, cushions, Televisions, videos, dishes, cutlery.....you name it, they took it. Here are a few BEFORE and AFTER shots.


Dinette BEFORE.....Dinetter AFTER......

Bedroom BEFORE......Bedroom AFTER.......

I'm not sure why they didn't take the mattress because it was a brand new Pillow Top from Sleep Country. Try as I might, I can't understand the mentallity of the people who ripped out stuff. I mean WHY would you take the old blinds and curtains which aren't going to fit ANYTHING and leave a very good mattress?! Perhaps they were SMOKING something at the time they made the decisions?


The kitchen BEFORE.......




The kitchen AFTER......What a sad sight. I cooked up a whole lot of good food in this cozy little space over the years.
The seating area BEFORE........


The seating area AFTER.......
Any ideas why they left ONE captain seat in place? Why take THREE and not all FOUR? Maybe, instead of SMOKING something they were DRINKING while carrying out this task.


Well, unfortunately, we now have 140 days to find a replacement before the insurance company closes our file. Tamara has a lot of searching online.......or going to RV dealers to find something suitable.


But how do I avoid a REPEAT of this fiasco? Will it take HIGH FENCES and RAZOR WIRE to stop the madness? I don't want to live in a compound! I refuse. I need a better solution.


10 Comments »

10 Responses to “Spring Production is in Full Swing”

the fan said...

So much to tell you: I'm so sorry about the theft/destruction of your RV..it's all so senseless and invasive and....oh just horrid. Also, I loved your China photos - we spent a little more than a month there recently and you hit it on every comment. Also: The GrandBaby is just downright delicious!! Glad to have you back in Canada. xoxo the fan

Lori E said...

Oh Tamara that is so sad. Really. It may have been better if you hadn't seen it like that at all.
How can the insurance company give you such a short window to find what you like? That doesn't sound right to me. It isn't like is is simply a Ford or a Buick where you can just go to the car lot and find them. The dealers are very limited when it comes to RVs I think. Good think you live close to several of them. Kamploops has a lot of dealers too.

Claudia said...

Tamara, I had no idea about the motor home being stolen! Oh goodness, what is with people? It must have been depressing to see it that way.

I loved reading about China - how exciting to go there.

xo
Claudia

susan said...

Tamara-I am sorry about your motor home. I hope they will be caught, but it still won't make up for your losses. I remember your greenhouses from last year--I LOVED seeing them!! I know this is a busy exciting time for you---it will get your mind off the RV. Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment. I appreciate it :)

The Stylish House said...

Hi Tamara,
I'm sorry this happened to you. I have been burglarized and understand how it feels. It's odd what they took and what they left. Hopefully, your insurance will help put it back together.
I see you're gearing up in your greenhouse. I wish I lived closer so I could visit. I love working in my yard and putting out pots of flowers each season.
Cathy

GeorgiaPeachez said...

I can't believe those after pictures of the RV. What a world we live in. Good luck with the hunt for a new one.
xo, suzy

Rosa said...

Man I'm jealous! I have not started anything yet! I'm thinking of planting some lettuce though. If we'er luckky I might grow enough for Henry to have a mouth full. lol.
Bummer about the motor home though. :(

Evelyn in Canada said...

That's terrible! I had to look at your happy greenery at the top again just to cheer up. It's totally senseless. It used to be a functioning, fun home, and now it's nothing.

Although the scavenger in me started to look at the windows and start thinking mini greenhouse or cold frame, and my laundryroom could use a fold-down table or some cupboards...

eddieross said...

I am so sorry about the stolen motor home!! my dream is to have a green house one day!

Would also LOVE your support on the ELLE DECOR window I did for the Big Window Challenge this year with Apartment Therapy. Check it out at http://www.bigwindowchallenge com. As we all know, AT doesn’t make it easy, but you can vote TWICE a day, once online and the other by texting “1” to 89800.

Your support means the world to me!!

Xo
Eddie

momofcrt said...

that's crazy Tam!!!
Hope you find something to replace it soon and in the price range given.
What a sad state our world is in.

On the upside, Canucks won the game I went to in Edmonton ON my birthday....check out my blog on it.