Sunday, January 3, 2010

Scrapbook Metamorphosis

I have a BIG addiction that I have to get off my shoulders. I AM ADDICTED TO TAKING PICTURES and I am powerless to stop! There I said it. The healing can begin.

This year I've started a support group for photography fanatics like myself who take pictures regularly but who rarely get them organized. I started this little "hobby" the day I met the Big Guy. He had a really nice camera and I thought it would be FUN to start scrapbooking about our lives together. That was 22 years ago........I've taken a LOT of photos since then.

I have Wedding Albums.......


Baby books......

Scrapbooks of treasured family vacations......

Books upon books of the kids growing up......

Under my staircase you can find the whole HISTORY of scrapbooking from it's infancy until today. I own hundreds of dollars of paper cutters and stickers, punches and presses. If you need scrapbooking tools, I've got them.
The problem is, over the last few years it's gotten harder and harder to find the TIME or the ENERGY to get down to organizing my pictures. I mean, where on earth am I going to find a WEEK of down time to get all my 2009 photos into a proper photo album?


Fret no longer my photography fanatic friends. Have I found the solution for you! I have discovered a website called shutterfly.com. You can SCRAPBOOK till the cows come home without making a tiny bit of mess.


No more need to agonize over which background sheets to BUY that you'll never end up using. With the click of a button you can choose which colors go with your pictures best........
Then all you do is drag and drop your photos into the album and place them according to your liking.

Don't like the pictures layout you've chosen? NO PROBLEM! Just click on the layout selection that suits your needs. From 1 picture per page to LOTS of pictures per page......you can have it all!



I am on the road to recovery, people. It's easy as 1, 2, 3. Yesterday I organized the entire 2009 year in a ONLINE SCRAPBOOK MARATHON of 8 hours straight.

WHAT?! I had a bad cold........what else was I supposed to do? Lay in bed all day?

If you want to check it out, just click on the following link. It's really quite an amazing metamorphosis from paper to digital and I am RIDING THE WAVE baby!

Click here to view this photo book larger



Don't forget to check out all the other METAMORPHOSIS going on out there. Hop on by Between Naps on the Porch for all the fun.

http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2009/01/welcome-to-51st-metamorphosis-monday.html


14 Comments »

14 Responses to “Scrapbook Metamorphosis”

susan said...

I love shutterfly, but my problem is I still want something tangible--books under my staircase :)

Jen C. said...

Do I ever understand!!! I have both digital and actual scrapbooks going at the same time and am still not caught up... but, it's so fun!

Michael Lee West said...

I'm impressed--I've scrapbooked, and it ain't easy! You did a great job. This is inspirational.

Rosa said...

Awesome Tam!

Coco said...

All my photos are digital these days so I don't have that problem except for the two large tubs of photos from the past. Saucy said that she automatically buys these little dollar albums and sticks her pics in them and labels them. If you did that then they would be organized until you could scrapbook them.

Lori E said...

Listen up people....you have to print out your important family photos and not on some crappy printer.
What will your family have 100 years from now? Some disc that can't be read. A crashed computer that has lost all its photos?
Think of how much you would enjoy a photo of your great great grandparents. A photo of their home.
Get all those photos scrapbooked and here is the kicker...labeled on the backs with an acid free pen. People throw out photos when they have no idea who is in them or what meaning they have to the family.
Okay, as you were. I am done my rant.

Lori E said...

So glad they found it but terrible about the condition of it. They probably took all the metals out so they could sell it. Copper wire.
I know what you mean about it happening so close to home.
We had a murderer/rapist living across the street from us less than one block down. No one knew.

Jen C. said...

I'm back... just checked out shutterfly due to your post - and I think I'll really like it. Have looked into some other online sources and even own digital software, but I haven't found anything that clicked - this looks good! Now to download a whole year's worth of photos...

Darlene said...

That looks like a FABULOUS way to keep up with your scrapbooking. Sounds easy too. I need to go check it out!

About the Wii. It is great exercise on some of the games and with the Wii fit if you would use it! You know last year when we got it we were all gung ho about it but it tapered off till we weren't using it much. Now we have gotten 2 new games and are using it but I don't know how long it will last. Some of the good games include boxing because it gives you a BIG workout. You hold a remote in one hand and nunchuk(sp?) in the other and have to box. I am totally out of breath when I use it but I know I should keep using it for the workout!

Marina said...

You're a...photo...holic like my sister:D What a collection!!!
I must organise mine too! I'll see and follow your steps!!!

Anonymous said...

Totally on the Shutterfly option!
Love it!!
The fact that there are so many great choices actually makes it a little daunting...but the end product is bee-ooo-ti-full!
~Jody

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I am impressed and there are much worse addictions....
I have a fun giveaway on my blog...a $100 prize ..so stop by and join in the fun.

Alida said...

I heard on CBC 1 that companies give perks to people who feature them on their blogs. I think shtterfly owes you a big one.

Anonymous said...

Matchless theme....