Thursday, December 10, 2009

No Such Thing as TOO MUCH CHRISTMAS!

I managed to get out and do a bit of Christmas Idea Shopping in the last two weeks which is probably the MOST FUN part of my job at Darvonda.Who wouldn't LOVE to go from garden center to garden center checking out what's available for Christmas this year?!

I have a hard time remaining un-biased and business like when I go on these trips.

I start imagining how I could re-do my living room.........get the Big Guy to install a fireplace next weekend or so.
But, I take my sister Lisa along on a trip like this to keep me grounded.......and FOCUSED on the job at hand.

I LOVE seeing everyone's ideas on how to decorate for the holidays. It just puts me in the MOOD to entertain. There's Christmas Carols playing in the background......

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,

Jingle all the way!

Oh what fun it is to ride
in a one horse open sleigh!

By the end of a trip like this is I always end up suffering from a little case of "ORNAMENT ENVY". I just want to be able to have such a great collection of ornaments to use around my house from year to year but........
I just never have TIME to get a good collection going!
And........I worry about how much WORK it would take to pack all those beloved ornaments back up at the end of the season to keep them safe and ORGANIZED for next year.

Honestly, I think I'm just too LAZY to get a really good collection going.

And just to make sure you are up on the latest TREND for Christmas 2009.......
the UPSIDE DOWN CHRISTMAS TREE is all the RAGE! I wonder if I should try that at my place when things slow down around here.




11 Comments »

11 Responses to “No Such Thing as TOO MUCH CHRISTMAS!”

Becca's Dirt said...

Nice shopping adventure. I love all festive decorations.

Lori E said...

You weren't at Potter's were you? They wouldn't let me take pictures. I'm telling.
I just love the whole garden center/Christmas center transformations. It is a good use of their space in the winter.

Claudia said...

What fun to see all the wonderful ideas out there. My friend who has a shop has had an upside down Christmas tree for a few years now and it is always a big hit!

xo
Claudia

Darlene said...

I LOVE seeing all those neat decorations! Just BEAUTIFUL♥

Rosa said...

OOOOH!
I'm jealous!
Thanks for sharing. :)

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

I am wondering if you were at Potter's also?

We went to Art Knaps, and they were very generous in letting me take all the photos I wanted. Gotta love that. After all I'm going through Garden Centre withdrawal this year. First Christmas in over 18 years without working at one. Actually, I don't mind not working those cold, cold, days anymore. LOL.

Jen

Jen

Sue said...

I so envy those women that can just "throw" things together and it looks great. Sigh. I have NO talent whatsoever with decorating. My Christmas decor is an embarrasment.............

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh sweetie, what a magical tour. I can see where it would be hard to stay grounded and keep focused. I know when I go to market I have the same problems..lol.. Thanks for the tour I truly enjoyed myself. hugs ~lynne~

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

That does sound like fun! Was it a big trade show...or did you hop from place to place?

Merry, Merry!

Tootsie said...

you always find the best places to visit!

GeorgiaPeachez said...

Those crazy upside down trees are back! I saw those a few years ago and didn't think they would be around for long. crazy! xo, suzy