Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Milking Parlor Make-over - Christmas Edition



The retail greenhouse is currently under re-construction to prepare for the upcoming Christmas season.  I thought you might enjoy seeing what sort of transformation we underwent LAST YEAR to give you an idea of what kind of amazing things happen when we close down for a month of renovation!  Enjoy!

I cannot believe Christmas is right around the corner, can you?! We've been busy shipping poinsettias to the Big Box stores and revamping the Milking Parlor for retail sales for the past few weeks. It's enough to keep a gal REALLY busy.

The other day I got to help out with a bit of decorating and display and I am just so excited about how every thing turned out in the Milking Parlor. I mean, it went from THIS.........

to THIS.........


in no time! I call this the POINSETTIA WALL OF FAME. Doesn't it make you feel like running out to your nearest Garden Center to buy a couple of these babies?

Just to show you a little more of what a metamorphosis the Milking Parlor went through over the last month, check this out. From THIS..........



to THIS........

From a warm Autumn day.......
To a frosty Winter's eve.......
From the bold YELLOW's and ORANGE's of Fall........
To the SPARKLE and GLITZ of Christmas....



From last year's Christmas display in the WAREHOUSE........
To this year's more intimate setting in the old MILKING PARLOR. What an amazing transformation! My sister-in-law Fifi has been dreaming since SUMMERTIME to get things in top shape for the big CHRISTMAS rush.


Please take note of the long line of chandelier's down the center of the milking parlor. I am absolutely positive that the cows who used to reside in this establishment would have started producing top of the line EGG NOG straight from the udder had these babies been hanging here from the get-go.......

Am I right fella's?

But now I have a bit of a problem. Since we did so much Christmas decorating in the RETAIL, I'm not too inspired to do my own stuff at home. I would love to make my living room look like THIS.......


Or my mantle look like THIS........
But I don't own a mantle and I don't think the Big Guy would appreciate me painting the walls RED just for Christmas. I think I am going to have to have a heart-to-heart discussion with my granddaughter in regards to my Christmas decorating dilemma. Somehow when I'm with her, all my troubles just disappear! I think it's her perfume or something. Just one sniff of her chubby little cheeks and my brain waves clear INSTANTLY.

And as a parting shot........here's to a BLUE Christmas for those who love BLUE.


10 Comments »

10 Responses to “Milking Parlor Make-over - Christmas Edition”

Lori E said...

It is looking great. I hope I get around to the shop one of these days soon.

Rosa said...

Man! That looks awesome!
Could you lend Fifi to me to do my house for our Christmas/25th anniversary party? ;)

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful decorating stuff. Looks festive. happy thanksgiving.

Rhonda said...

Thanks for coming over!
This is a delightful post. You had me chuckling about the egg nog and the chandeliers.
Take a big whiff of Eau de Grand Daughter and get to decking your own halls! I know where you can get some beautiful poinsettias!!!
Happy Thanksgiving.
Rhonda

tupperwaregal said...

It looks awesome! I love the cow, i have cows all around my home. Everyone did a great job.
Adalia

Darlene said...

Hi Tamara,

Everything looks so delightful!! I can see why, after all that decorating, it is hard to get your own home done! It is all beautiful. I can't believe it is almost here either!♥

Train Wreck said...

Oh that is beautiful! What a great place, so versatile. YOU are a GRANDMA!? No way... I see a baby so I guess it must be true? lol Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my young looking friend.

Tootsie said...

first off...that is one beautiful photo of you and that gorgeous baby!!!
don't you just love the smell of the tops of their heads?
now...you guys did a great job ready-ing the shop for christmas!!!
very stunning!
hope you have a great weekend...
we have not even as much as one snowflake here...and have been above freezing all month...I am so not looking forward to ALL the snow coming in one day! lol
A little here...and a little there...is much less of a shock to the old shovel..lol

Marina said...

Christmas spirit is there already!!! This year Christmas will be different and difficult for my country! I hope we'll manage to overcome the economical crisis...
Give a sweet kiss to your grand daughter! She's like a living doll!
Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!!!

Urban Farmgirl said...

Oh how I wish I lived closer...everything looks fabulous!!

~mary~