Friday, October 23, 2009

What Would I Do Without Microsoft Excel?!

This week I've been very busy trying to finalize all the little details that need to be worked out for Spring 2010 which means a LOT of time spent at the computer. Fortunately my office has just been revamped so it's a comfy place to work. Even the Big Guy got excited about the whole office re-do and splurged on a bunch of TROPICAL plants from IKEA. He actually drove to IKEA one night this week while I was out and bought all this fantastic greenery to dress up the room ......now I just have to make sure I don't kill them. I do NOT have a GREEN THUMB with house plants. Shame on me!



Now check out that purple binder on my desk. See how stuffed full it is with papers?! That is my entire plan for next Spring. I'd love to show you all the AMAZING things we are doing for next year but, alas, it is TOP SECRET.........this is as close as it gets to revealing my designs for 2010.


But as I was working on my planning this week, I suddenly realized how handicapped I would be if I didn't know my way around a spreadsheet. Well, to be honest, I only know the basics of a spreadsheet but when I have something a little more complicated to do, I just call my son-in-law over from the office across the hall. He is a MAGICIAN with a spreadsheet.
As I was going through my planning binder it thought to myself "What on earth did I ever do before Microsoft Excel?!" I mean, absolutely EVERYTHING I do is done in Excel. I love all the amazing things this program can do for me. It's even able to do complicated math equations that I would normally not be capable of doing on my own. I do my costing breakdown, timing breakdown, color breakdown, quantity breakdown and a whole bunch of other things with my Microsoft Excel! Seriously, I am HOOKED on SPREADSHEETS!
Can you tell that I'm suffering with HOOKED on FRIDAY's withdrawl? Oh why did Hooked on Houses stop with Hooked on Fridays?! Is anyone taking up the Hooked on Friday torch? This addict is looking for a fix......


9 Comments »

9 Responses to “What Would I Do Without Microsoft Excel?!”

Lori E said...

I have taught a bit of Excel in my classes but am no where near able to use all or even half of its functions.
Glad you have some back up and wonder what secret things you have going on across the bridge from me.

Pam Kersting said...

WoW! What a nice office you have. Lots of furniture too. Do you have regular guests or meetings in there? Very impressive stuff you do, Tamara!

P.S. I'm thinking of starting a Friday blog party. Maybe I'll build up the courage to start next week. However, I'm worried nobody will come to it! ;-)

VictoriaArt said...

How nice of you to stop by. Is this the green house office???
Love your posts, checked out your trip to China and you sweating so much and all that, such fun to read!
I marvel at the world and all those many people who blog ( and those who don't) and become suddenly closer. Makes me feel peaceful, even though the world is not such peaceful place.

xx
Victoria

Tootsie said...

looks wonderful in your office...I have to laugh at you for the houseplant killing...lol
can't wait to see your ideas!!!
oh...and when I dumped the mums...those pots you designed....LOVE THEM!

LovingLynden said...

Wow!
Love your office! Are those Costco chairs?

LovingLynden said...

BTW we just got our family pics taken today (turned out to be perfect weather-wise) and we were surprised at the number of people who think Drew looks like Lawrence. Very interesting!

DesignTies said...

I miss Hooked on Fridays too. It was such a great way to discover new blogs, and always fun to see what everyone else was hooked on.

Your purple binder looks pretty full!! Good thing you have Excel helping you out :-)

Your office looks great -- love all those windows!!

Thanks for letting us know that our blog loaded fast for you :-)

Kelly

Anonymous said...

The excellent message gallantly)))

Anonymous said...

Unequivocally, ideal answer