Monday, October 26, 2009

It's a Pioneer Woman Party at My House!


I decided to play hookey this afternoon, but don’t let the Big Guy know! It was a big day today……I finally got to see my favorite blogger, Ree Drummond, better known as the Pioneer Woman, on the Bonny Hunt show. I just LOVE her blog and read it almost every day. When I’m sitting up in my office, looking like I’m in deep thought in front of my computer, I’m probably just reading my favorite blog. With my brow furrowed, I give the appearance of working on some extremely complicated Excel spreadsheet when in actual fact I am just checking out what Ree and her kids are up to today. She’s a farmer like me. I love the way she describes farm life. She makes farming look kinda glamorous.

So, this morning I called my peeps to invite them over for a Pioneer Woman party at my place. Too bad I don’t have more peeps to call for my party but it’s not quantity but quality that counts, right ladies? My daughter......... and grand daughter........ arrived promptly at 2pm. I popped some popcorn, brewed a pot of coffee and sat down to wait for Ree to show us how to make some “man pleasing” food. She promised that if I made her chocolate cake recipe, I would get marriage proposals from my husband on a daily basis. I figured that meant I should really pay attention since he has only proposed to me once so far.
I did my nails while we waited for her segment to start.

The Wee One really loved that red blouse Ree was wearing.

It was great fun to actually see the Pioneer Woman in action this afternoon. I think I’m gonna run down to the book store and buy her cook book later today! I think I’ll buy one for each of my sister’s too because they actually OWN a real MIXER and know how to use a cook book.

Now, I’d better get back to that laundry I told the Big Guy I was gonna catch up on this afternoon. If he finds out I was partying instead of FOLDING, I may have some ‘splainin to do!


13 Comments »

13 Responses to “It's a Pioneer Woman Party at My House!”

Rosa said...

Man are you ever lucky!
I was going to watch it as well but is wasn't on at one like it was suposed to be.
Bummer!
Wish I waas there. After all, I'M one of your peeps aren't I?!

Rosa said...

Oh and I love that baby's hair!

Kristin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Glad you liked my autumn pictures!

Lori E said...

I watched Ree today too. I explained to my son that her's was the first blog I had ever seen.
Of course me and my big mouth had to comment on everything she did and then I began to notice you could click on peoples names who commented and it to you to their pages.
Oh my gosh, how did they do that? I finally figured it out and the rest is history. Unfortunately I almost never go on her site any more because between writing on two of mine, doing memes and reading all the ones I follow and commenting all over I am really out of time.
BTW I didn't think she got enough time to do what she was trying to do on there. I'll bet her Vodka Pasta is in the book.

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

I sat down and watched her also. Had to wait until almost the end to see her, but it was all worth the wait.

Pioneer Woman was the first blog I had ever read also. In fact I don't even think that I knew what a blog was at that time. LOL. When I first found her through Stumble Upon, I emailed everyone I could think of, telling them to read her. At that time she only had a few hundred readers, but my how she has grown. I love her site.

She is amazing, I have made the chocolate sheet cake, and it sincerely is the best I have ever had. This coming from a chocolate fiend. Did Gar propose again? I don't remember, but he will after I buy the cookbook.

Jen

beadnfun.wordpress.com said...

Thanks Tamara
for checking out my blog. Me and my husband watched Ree on the BHS while ago. It was great to see her live, instead of her usual shadow photography shot. I've been following her for about two years. That's partly why I started a blog....my life is not as exciting. I have some of my beading on some of the earlier pages. I bead mostly in the winter...
Colleen at www.beadnfun.wordpress.com

Bush Babe said...

Been given the You-Tube link for it - will watch it when it finally manages to download!

Looks like fun.. cute grand-baby!!
:-)
BB

just-blooming-where-i'm-planted said...

I so wanted to watch Ree...but I live in Germany and we don't get The Bonnie Hunt Show! I watched what little TBHS posted online...but I am sure there was more. I am so glad you got to see her....and your daughter and cute grandgirl! Ree would laugh to see us all getting so bent out of shape just to see her LIVE!!!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thank you for stopping ! And YES, I did watch the show too. I didn't remember that she was on yesterday until almost showtime, or I would have mentioned it on my blog post. Darn it. Good segment, she was great!

Sally said...

So glad you could have the PARTY!! I missed it. :(

You have a wonderful place here, and I thank you so much stopping by mine. I love meeting new people. I'll be adding your link, and checking in! :)

Cindi said...

I watched Ree too. She was on at 11:00 am here in east central Ohio. I was home sick from work, so I was able to see it without having to DVR it. Darn DVR...it doesn't have nearly enough memory!

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog!

CrossView said...

What a fun idea! And I can't imagine any better company to "party" with... ;o)

LovingLynden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.