Sunday, October 4, 2009

Eating Around the World


It has been a busy month of travel this past 4 weeks. First we spent a long 10 days in China and then capped it off with 17 days on a Panama Canal Cruise. I would have blogged in China but the Chinese government seems to have blocked all access to blogger due to popular uprisings they wish to keep secret. I would have blogged on the cruise but the Big Guy blocked all access to blogger due to budget constraints (1 dollar per minute for internet access). Well, I am finally back at home and getting a chance to review my photos. I was surprised to see how many pictures I took of me eating. It kinda looks like all we did while we were gone was eat every minute of the day. Fortunately for me, I can eat ALL day long and won't gain an ounce. So, seeing as it is Metamorphosis Monday, I thought I would write a poem about FOOD. I mean, FOOD is THE ultimate metamorphosis, going from colorful, aromatic and tasty on the plate to smelly, brown and not so appealing in just a few hours.........so this is my "ODE TO CUISINE"


Food, food, fabulous FOOD!
Why do you always taste so GOOD?!

(trying Lobster for the first time, Disney World, Florida)


You come in all different shapes and size..........

And always full of surprises!

(eating soup which contained a surprise baby octopus in Guangzhou, China)


It's important, when travelling around the world, to eat outside your comfort zone

But once in a while I do have to admit to saying NO to things like "Alligator tail on the bone"

(Dinner out in China and this was WAAAAY outside my comfort zone)

Wether in Beijing or Aruba, San Fransisco or Alcapulco, there's food that must be eaten

You've got to try the Pumpkin soup in Curacao. It just can't be BEATEN!

(Dinner in the Carribean......does anyone have a recipe for pumpkin soup?)


If you're watching your weight, BEWARE of cruises with an all you can eat BUFFET

No matter what time of day, they'll find a way to feed you ANYWAY!


(Midnight snack of hamburgers and beer delivered by ROOM SERVICE! Can't beat it!)


Every holiday should be filled with different culinary TEXTURES and TASTES

But don't forget that every meal we eat will eventually end as SMELLY WASTES!

Now, don't forget to check out what's going on at Between Naps on the Porch for this Metamorphosis Monday. Click on the following link to join in the fun http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2009/10/welcome-to-38th-metamorphosis-monday.html


12 Comments »

12 Responses to “Eating Around the World”

claudie said...

Hi Tamara
Looks like you ate your way out of china lol
Fab pictures and adventure, what more could you ask for.
What's with the toilet on the ground? When in China ...
Love your blog.
Love Claudie
ox

Lori E said...

You're back, you're back. Hooray. Is your granddaughter in school yet? Lol.
I would starve to death in China I am sure. That would be okay because if I don't eat anything there then maybe I wouldn't have to hover precariously over the toilet.
Pumpkin soup on the other hand sounds delicious.

Erica Feunekes said...

Looks like a fab trip! I love food too... so I play hockey to allow myself those guilt-free calories...

Tootsie said...

well...that alligator on the bone would be WAY out of my comfort zone!
glad you are back...hope you stay home for a while! lol

Pam Kersting said...

Woo and Hoo! Glad you're back Tamara! I've actually missed you and was even starting to get worried! Oh, what a life you live! Eating your way around the world! Would love to hear more about China and Panama too. Welcome back, Sugar!

nannykim /spindle cottage said...

well...that is about transformation isn't it?....we have a standing joke at our home....when talking at the dinner table the subject often reverts to poop. Why or how,I don't know. Ha!

Glad you are back and hopefully didn't suffer any from the food!

Rosa said...

Glad you are back!
Chandra just asked me if we've been hiding out together for the last month.
I would have loved to eat around the world with you!
Although I would pass on the chinese toilet! lol

Nancy-Mom said...

Like everyone else said, glad you're back, finaly a post. We're off to Ontario tomorrow to visit the kids and grandkids. Behave well we're gone okay :o)
Did your son mention that I phoned a while back to say hi ? he sounds so grownup ! He informed me he was in grade 11, how time flies.

niartist said...

Mmmmm! FOOD! :) Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had a great time!

LovingLynden said...

Welcome back Tam!
I thought you'd been put in prison for booting up your computer in China but A&H were over and filled us in....phew!
That looks like a fabulous vacation - and 17 days?! You lucky girl!

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Wow...You have been around the world in 30 days! I love it. Not loving a few of those dishes though...Baby octopus??!

Fun post!

lynn'sgarden said...

Tamara, loved the 'eating tour'..lol! You were brave to try those strange dishes...don't know if I could've! What fun memories you've capture...I like the last photo ;)