Sunday, August 2, 2009

Nursery Makeover Safari Style


Here it is, Monday again. Time to get back to work. Time to start selling all those garden mums out in the field. But first, before I go sweat it out in the field picking mums, I promised that today I would reveal the baby nursery progress! It’s Metamorphosis Monday and do I have a METAMORPHOSIS to reveal OR WHAT?

My Little Angel is about to have a baby…….and that baby is gonna be here soon. The due date is just 1 week away. We’ve been working hard as a team to get things ready for the big arrival. I mean…….this is BIG. I’m gonna be a GRAMMA!

The planning has been going on for quite some time now. First, the color scheme was chosen. We had a lot of problems at Home Depot with the paint guy who mixed at least 6 cans of paint incorrectly. I still feel some serious guilt about all the paint he wasted just so we could get the right colors.

I just love the Safari theme that my daughter chose for the room. I’ve spent many nights surfing the Web, looking for the perfect stuffed animals to match the paint colors and the upholstery. It was a stretch for me to buy off the Web. I’m still old fashioned and feel a tremendous amount of panic when I type my Visa number into the computer……but, where else would I find such PERFECT baby room accessories?

Mini Me has been busily painting a series of canvas’ to match the rest of the room. With the temperatures we’ve been having around here lately, she has been working on them rather slowly. I stole the airconditioner from the greenhouse where she was working so I could cool down the house. She says I have to return it before she will finish the art work. Hmmmmm! Tough choice. Artwork……..or Air conditioning?

Our pillows project went off without a glitch. We sewed up a storm before the airconditioner could be taken away from us. And I only pricked my finger a couple of times. I realized that I kept jabbing myself because I couldn’t see too well close up. Of all things, I had to take my glasses off for the fine sewing. I think my eyes are telling me “You’re gonna be a Gramma soon. Time for Bi-focals!”.

The crib was bought second hand off Craig’s list and my Little Angel painted it white to go with the rest of the room. By the way, it takes a LOT of coats to get a brown crib to turn white. I’m glad I didn’t have to do the painting, that’s for sure!

We also managed to find this fabulous upholstered rocking chair in Richmond from a lovely young family who was downsizing their home. It fit perfectly in the back of my vehicle but we’re still not sure that we can get it into the nursery. The hallway is rather tight……but, we’re gonna get it in there if it’s the LAST thing we do, right Angel?!

Then, to add some extra color, we upholstered a bench seat for the built in cupboard that the fella’s built last weekend. Honestly, I can’t believe we did it without a professional INTERVENTION! Hopefully the molding will go up next week so we can get all the furniture and the pictures hung and we can all rest our weary designer bones……..except for my Little Angel. She’s got a really important job ahead of her. You go, GIRL!


Make sure you drop in at Between Naps on the Porch to check out all the other fabulous METAMORPHOSIS going on over there! Click here http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2009/08/welcome-to-29th-metamorphosis-monday.html


39 Comments »

39 Responses to “Nursery Makeover Safari Style”

Deanna said...

This is adorable!!!!
Love what you have done.
Blessings,
d

Sarah said...

Wow! What a great nursery.
Your daughter looks like she's about done cooking that little one. I hope she has a speedy and pain free delivery. We can hope, right?

A Hint of Home said...

What a fantastic job you all have done. It looks great! I know how overjoyed you all must be. Won't be long now.

Frugal Fine Living said...

Wow, this is fantastic! You are both so talented!

Jane

bj said...

Wow...you are doing such a great job. I remember making a nursery for our first grandson..a room away from home. It was so so cute..but I don't find a photo one of it. SHOOT...anyway, this is fabulous.

Linda said...

That is darling, and congratulations on becoming a grandmother. It's the best! Linda

Gwen said...

That nursery is just too perfect and I love that everyone has had a hand in helping:)

Mrs. C said...

Just adorable! I love the baby blanket and the flower pillows!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

How adorable!! I really like it all.
Glenda

The Country Nest said...

Love the room, but the black and white picture at the end is fantastic. Love it!
Donna

downhomeliving said...

So pretty & creative I love it. I am new here & truly enjoying all these wonderful ideas.

Lisa Shatzer said...

Everything is so CUTE!!!

Sandi (Meme) said...

Being a grandma is the easiest job you'll ever have! Can't wait to hear what you get! The room is perfect for the new addition.

Terry said...

Very best wishes to your growing your family. Your first grandchild is going to be a hard act to follow.

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

What fun this looks like. A sweet room waiting for the little one.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Marsha's Mpressions said...

Love your colors and close attention to each detail. I'm going to be putting together a nursery soon too so I was paying close attention to yours. Oh, Congrats!

Lori E said...

I saw some mums at Home Depot this morning and I thought of you.

Can you guys come and do my downstairs redecorating? I'll serve food and drink. C'mon. You know you want to.

This room is so peaceful and welcoming. What a lucky little baby.

Fifi Flowers said...

ADORABLE room!

Little Lovables said...

It looks lovely! How fun to work together on this project, it will be a loved baby indeed :)

ImagineCozy said...

Window seats are one of my favorites, and it goes so great in a Nursury. Beautiful job.

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

Tamara, fabulous nursery! Love the window seat, one of my favorites. So many wonderful elements! Love the colors!

Great transformation! Thanks for sharing!

Tina

Kammy said...

Love the colors ! Your daughter is super lucky to have a creative mom !
Kammy

Jennifer said...

Everything looks beautiful! What a great way to prepare for baby's arrival as a family! And your daughter's bump is so sweet...and tiny! Many blessing for a healthy delivery. Enjoy being a Grandma. I know that my mom does!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

This room is absolutely adorable Gramma! :) May your daughter have a happy birth day.

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Tamara I am just loving this. How sweet and it's just beautiful. We just found out we will be Grandparents too in early December. Woohoo! Happy Monday! xo Lynn

Donna Boucher said...

I love the nursery redo! Beautiful!!!

Brenda said...

Tamara, I love the colors you're using. And the theme. It is so cheerful in there! I love color in baby's room!
Brenda

Peg @ Bloomfield Farm said...

Your nursery is so cute. I love the window seat and your daughter will love the storage for all those toys that will appear in the days to come. Being a grandma is such fun. My second granddaughter is coming in October and today I am about to make the crib dust ruffle... just finished the curtains.

The Stylish House said...

Tamara,
Wow, the due date is so close! You have done a wonderful job pulling the nursery together. I wish your daughter and her husband much happiness. What are you going to call yourself, Nana, Gram, Grandmother?
Cathy

Miss Sandy said...

Fantastic nursery! You did a great job!

Thank you for visiting and yes, I am surviving the reno. It will be about two more weeks before everything in this phase is complete but worth the MESS!

Have a great week!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

My goodness...all the hard work was worth it!!! That is ONE beautiful nursery. I totally would have gone back to Home Depot that many times to get the colors just right. I'm kind of fanatic about colors. Yours turned out perfect. I LOVE the entire theme and color scheme. Great job!
M.L.

Heather B. said...

Hi Tamara - thanx for visiting my blog!
You have one lucky grandkid - the nursery is gorgeous!
Wishing your daughter a safe delivery.

Rosa said...

Looks great Tam!
And of course you are going to be called Oma aren't you? lol.
Anxiously sitting by the phone. . .

Aimee said...

The room is so sweet and colorful and adorable!!!

I just put up a NEW POST on my Blog! If you have a chance, come by and say hi!

Have a great week,
Aimee

Tanya said...

Love it, love it! So talented!

Edward said...

You've really done well with this safari theme. I especially like the little space for the boxes.

Norma said...

found you thru pw. this turned out wonderful! you guys did a great job!

Jen said...

Wow, this is a beautiful room that you guys made. I am so impressed. I could never do anything like that.

queenbee said...

This is a beautiful nursery!! I love all the aspects from the DIY bench to the amazing artwork. Thanks for you comments on my blog today, I appreciate you stopping by. Come again soon.