Monday, August 24, 2009

Wasn't That a Party?!

I just LOVE IT when a plan comes together! Yesterday was the big shindig for the Wee One, a kind of 2 in 1 type party. I figured we should have the Baptism and Baby Shower all rolled into one. There's just nothing like getting together with the whole family to celebrate and.........EAT!


I made sure to hang out the balloons and the banners.........I had my peeps make a whole pile of fruit kebabs.........piled the table high with cupcakes and party food.........and we just ate and drank till the sun went down.


The Wee One got passed around from person to person, getting a chance to meet all of her new family. My Little Angel was spoiled rotten by all of our guests with so many beautiful things for the baby. The men got a chance to sit and chat about the things men chat about at a Baby Shower.
I hope that all our guests enjoyed themselves because I know I had a most wonderful time! Does it get any better than spending time with family and friends, reconnecting and bonding over a glass of wine and a brand new baby?!

One very special thing I just HAVE to share with you.......a picture of 5 generations of Jansen's including Great Great Gramma, Great Gramma, Grampa, Mama and the Wee One. I just love this shot!


9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Wasn't That a Party?!”

Lori E said...

What a great time you had. The cupcakes are so cute. Good food, great people and a new baby. If that isn't a celebration I don't know what is .
The banners and balloons look great. So...did you and your husband get married at age 10? 11?

Anonymous said...

Yet again, one of the worst pictures of me that you could find!!! I protest already!! Keep this up and I'm gonna have to go through all my pictures of you and find a hideous one...well I can try any ways. We had a lovely time with you as always, and hope your quiver becomes VERY full, and we can do this many more times! Love you all, Lisa

Rosa said...

Hahahahaha!
I just KNEW Lisa was going to have a fit when she saw that picture!!
It looks like lots of fun and I see that Linda made it as well. Did Dad come too?
And I too LOVE the picture with the Jansen generations.
Good work Grandma!

Darlene said...

What a fabulous celebration of the new wee one!!!! Family, food and fun....what more could you want?!?! BEAUTIFUL!!

Nancy-Mom said...

It all looks lovely, still waiting for my food to arrive though, or did Lisa eat mine ??, oh,that's nasty isn't it ?? Love you Lisa :o)I'll let you enjoy it for me. You gotta do more baby/family pictures Tam so I don't salivate at all the food pictures. :o)
Love the 5 generations one. Great great grandma still looks good.

Erica Feunekes said...

Love the 5 generations photo! That is truly special!

Tootsie said...

I am so happy for you all!!! she is absolutely beautiful. But then she has no choice...look at her family! That 5 generation photo is priceless!!!
what a lucky baby!

Anette said...

Congratulations! It looks like a wonderful party! And the little guest of honor must be one of the sweetest little girl I've seen in a long time!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Tamara, You sure know how to throw a party and congratulations on the birth of your grand child. We will be having one at Christmas and since they live so far from us, while we are there visiting, I am going to suggest a combined baby shower and christening all in one....great idea! :) Lynn