Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hooked on Fall, Friends and Family

Has anyone notice that the weather is changing here in the Fraser Valley? I mean, last week we were sweltering in 40 degree weather, melting like Popsicles. Today, I'm walking around in a pair of jeans and a black knit sweater because there's a chill in the air. I guess that's our cue to start thinking FALL! And boy, am I HOOKED on FALL....

I love all those bright RED's.........YELLOW's.........and ORANGE's!


And I got such a sweet surprise a few days ago. Can you believe that one of my blogger peeps who lives around these here parts came by to visit me this week?! I was so excited to meet Lori (seated on the left) from Family Trees May Contain Nuts, I forgot to offer her a lemonade and some cookies like a good hostess should. Sorry about that Lori, I promise to be a better hostess next time you stop by! I did give her the grand tour of the place, though. We checked out the new fall displays in the old Milking Parlor the we re-vamped into a retail greenhouse. I think the ladies even bought a couple of Mums, right ladies? I don't know how she passed on all this delicious Okanagan fruit and local corn, though.

Click here to check out her blog. She's got a lovely sense of humor and is heavy duty into Genealogies! http://www.familytreesmaycontainnuts.com/

Now, if there are any other blogger peeps out there who want the grand tour of the greenhouses, just drop me a note and I'll make sure to be home when you get here. It's a BEAUTIFUL life when we can meet new friends and get together with old friends, isn't it?


And would you just look at what Mini Me and Opera Diva have been working on for us?! Due to some serious signage restrictions in our neck of the woods, we are forced to paint our advertising on the side of our trucks to catch the public's attention. Fortunately for us, Mini Me is a modern day Michelangelo. She mixes her own paint colors and designs her own characters without charging us an arm and a leg. She works for donuts! Opera Diva is her wing man on this project. She gets to fill in the base coat of paint while her sister adds the artistic details. Don't they make a great sign painting team? How can you guys be MY kids? You're so AMAZING at everything.......well, except for cleaning your room and putting your dishes in the dishwasher. You could do better on that score.


Well, that's enough hanging around watching everyone else work. It's time to get back to picking Mums 'cause our harvest has only just begun......

Make sure to stop by Hooked on Houses to see what everyone else is hooked on this Friday. You'll love all the inspirational posts out there. Click http://hookedonhouses.net/2009/08/06/hooked-on-fabulous-faucets/


Also stop by The Inspired Room for "It's a Beautiful Life" and start counting your blessings. Click here http://theinspiredroom.net/2009/08/05/beautiful-incourage-ment/


20 Comments »

20 Responses to “Hooked on Fall, Friends and Family”

Porch Days said...

Those mums are so pretty they don't look real! Wow! Mums and fall are my favorites. My birthday and my anniversary are in the fall.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Those mums are beautiful...definitely put me in the mood for Fall now. :) It's cooler tonight here in VA too, so that helps! Visiting from Julia's party. :)

Becky K. said...

Awesome mums!

Your daughter is sooo very talented. That is a great design. I see big stuff in her future if she pursues graphic design.

Becky K.
Hospitality Lane

Ms. Tee said...

Wow! Your daughter is so talented! I can't believe it is fall somewhere right now. In the south, it's still very hot & humid. Your mums are so pretty, by the way. :)

Atticmag.com said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!! Amazing color and rows and rows of gorgeous blooms. Awesome painting on the truck too. Jane T.

The Stylish House said...

Tamara,
Your kids are amazing, I am impressed! It feels like it was a short summer, because we had so much rain. I love fall weather best and of course the beautiful vibrant colors. Enjoy your weekend!
Cathy

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

What a fun post.

Obviously your sweet daughter is very proud that her mom would blog about her... look at the twinkle in her eye.

Lovely.

TTFN~~ Claudia ♥ ♥

Cristin said...

Your daughter is so talented! Lovely post.

xo,
cristin

Lori E said...

As beautiful as the flowers look here you should see the acres of them in person. Wow.
You were a perfect hostess Tamara, especially because you didn't even know we were coming. Thanks for the tour. The mum looks fabulous on my front porch.
It was great to meet all your talented family members too.

Tootsie said...

gasp!!!! you said the F word!!! shhhhhh!!! we don't get much summer here!!!
although...those are some wonderful photos of flowers you shared....
still.....no more F words!!!

Rosa said...

Wher to start?!
Your fall displays look amazing all of you must have worked like crazy to get all that done!
I'm feeling rather inspired but. . .
It's suposed to warm up here, so I think I can still be in summer mode for a bit yet. (although I WILL pick up my mums soon!)
And as for Mini me's talent. . .
You know she gets it from her mom!
Miss you all. wish I was there, I'd help Opera Diva base coat. ( I do NOT have any talent in drawing!) :D

pk @ room remix said...

I'm definitely not ready for fall, but I love these photos!

Carol said...

I'm so jealous of your cool weather! Your mums are beautiful! Fall is my favorite season, and it can't come soon enough.

Hugs,
Carol

Darlene said...

Oh.MY.Gosh how BEAUTIFUL!! You better believe if I was in Canada I would definitely be coming by for a visit!!!! LOVE all your beautiful mums! I can't believe your weather...brrr. But, I think I would enjoy it! Fall is absolutely my favorite season with that chill in the air. I can't imagine already being in jeans and sweaters. We are supposed to hit 103 today...HOT!

I love the painting. Your daughters are VERY talented. How CUTE and what fun!!!

Tootsie said...

hey girl. thanks for the sweet compliments on my gardens...I fertilize once a week (I am much too lazy to do it more) lol I did try once to do it twice, but it didn't make a difference....I use the miracle gro all purpose stuff. I think that company should be paying me to advertise for them! ha ha!!!
I have noticed that the things I start from seed are always much better in the end than ones I do cuttings from etc.
I am getting my shower done here soon, so I can run to costco and see if there are any darvonda goods for me to try out! did you ship them already??? PLEASE say yes!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

The mums are gorgeous!! These past few weeks we've had fall like temps and today is blowing nothing but HOT AIR!! Guess we can't complain.. it is August.. I love fall and the colors...what fun it must have been to meet a fellow blogger...I love the children getting in on the action.. they are talented along with being beautiful... hugs ~lynne~

Fifi Flowers said...

BEAUTIFUL flowers! FUN painitng!

JanMary said...

Lovely flowers and daughter!

Hi from N Ireland.

Cote de Texas said...

OH NO!!!!!!!! NOt yet!!! It's about 100 in texas - no sweaters for us yet.

THose mums are gorgeous!!!!

DesignTies said...

While I'm crossing my fingers for a bit more summer weather (NOT the heat we had last week, though!), I have to admit I'm a huge fan of the autumn!! Love the colours, love the weather, love wearing layers, love turkey dinner & pumpkin pie!! Thanks for sharing such lovely Mums - I'm definitely going to be buying some for my deck!
Victoria @ DesignTies
P.S. Your daughter's character on the truck is terrific!!