Sunday, August 9, 2009

Grama's on the Go

There's some big changes happening here on the farm. Can you believe that this week we're gonna become Grampa and Grama. Now that's a REALLY big metamorphosis, if you ask me!

My sister Lisa is already a Gramma 4 times over so she knows how much responsibility we have ahead of us. To celebrate this big change in our lives, she decided she would introduce us to finer side of the life of being a Grandparent. You know, the time in life when you can enjoy a bit more leisure time...........time to go CRUISING!

Lisa arranged a VIP Luncheon for us on the cruise ship Zuiderdam from the Holland America line. Clearly, becoming a granparent puts you right into the VIP category.
But before we sat down for a sumptuous lunch, we got a chance to tour the ship. We checked out the LIBRARY........the UPPER DECK..........and of course, the BAR. "Give me something BIG bartender. This old lady forgot her bi-focals!"
I just LOVED all the fresh flower arrangements scattered on every floor. I can never, ever pass up a chance to check out flowers, no matter where I go.
Lisa made sure to school me in the art of being a "hotty" gramma up on the pool deck. Way to go, Granny!
Make sure that if you do book a cruise some time in the future, reserve the biggest suite you can afford........like this luxurious balcony cabin. Anything smaller and you may have a hard time finding your dentures back if you lose them in the tight quarters.
I have a feeling that the Gym is just for show because who wants to waste time on a treadmill when you could be belly up to the Midnight Buffet?
After we toured the whole gorgeous ship we sat down to a 3 course meal of salad, entree and desert. What a spread! I'm sure that when I retire, I will definitely have enough time on my hand for making a fancy desert like this every evening, right blogger peeps?
I am so excited to become a member of the Granny ranks. I can hardly wait. The sooner the better, in my opinion. All my new friends are just as excited about it as I am........or maybe they were just enjoying the free flowing wine and all that luxury you get when you're on a cruise :)
Now don't forget to stop by Between Naps on the Porch to check out all the other Metamorphosis happenings out there. Click here. http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2009/08/welcome-to-30th-metamorphosis-monday.html


9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Grama's on the Go”

Darlene said...

Everything looks so GORGEOUS!! I want to go on a cruise so badly but my hubby does NOT - AT ALL :(

I'll just have to wait till Lexi gets a few years older, then we will go and have a BLAST!!!

I can't wait to see the new baby. I KNOW you are just too excited!!!♥

Rosa said...

Well that looked like lots of fun!
Lisa sure did a terrific job of looking like a hottie Granny. :) She's looking great these days!
And by the way. . .
You do know that babies have their own timetables right?
You could still be waiting for a while yet. . .
I'm still waiting breathlessly by the phone for the good news.
Miss you guys.

Claudia said...

Wow - what a wonderful treat from your sister! Can't wait to hear about the new baby. Congratulations, Grandma-to-be!

Shelia said...

You look marvelous and what a time you must have had! We're be taking our second Alaskan cruise on the Holland American Line in a few weeks! Can't wait!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Evelyn in Canada said...

With my oldest daughter still only 10, I do hope that I've got many many years to wait before I'm a grandma!

I love that upper deck. After visiting the library, I'd be taking some books up to that deck and spending some quality time alone. Oh, and maybe with a bit of something from the bar first.

antigoni said...

I'm so happy for you. You look so anxious. You all have our best wishes for the big moment.

Pam Kersting said...

What an exciting life you lead, Granny! Congratulations and best wishes on your impending arrival! Can't wait to meet the little grandbaby right here very soon! Best wishes to you ALL! Enjoy.

Lori E said...

Oh my this was a far nicer ship than we sailed on last year and we had a room with a balcony.

Sandi (Meme) said...

The cruise looks like so much fun! How wonderful you are becoming a g-ma! I have 6 altogether, 4 boys and 2 girls and one on the way! We're told it's a girl too! Best wishes on the new baby, and thanks so much for coming to visit me at my Small Town Living blog. Please come back again!