Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hooked on Music

Did you know how much my kids are HOOKED ON music? Have I ever mentioned how much time we spend on music lessons each year? I mean, I've got 5 talented musicians at my place and each one of them has studied music since the age of 5 or 6 years old. That means I've been driving to some lesson or other for the last 12 years or so. Do you think I'm crazy? Maybe I am..........but I am HOOKED on music too!

This past week was a busy one for music in our household. First, Opera Diva spent a full week at a Vocal Camp being held at the University of British Columbia. She just blossoms when she gets to sing all day long.........I mean, just check out her final concert solo.
video


She's got a powerful set of lungs on her, that girl!


Then, so as not to be shown up, Junior played at the inaugural concert of the American Reformed Church's new pipe organ. It just so happens that Grampa and Gramma were the people who refurbished the old organ, bringing her back to life. There were also some FAMOUS PEOPLE who came out to play at the inauguration.......Peter Wildeman and Joost Vanbelzen from the Netherlands. The 3 fellas did a MARVELOUS job of taking the organ through some serious musical gymnastics, wouldn't you say?



video



Now don't forget to check out Hooked on Houses to see what everyone else is hooked on this week! http://hookedonhouses.net/2009/07/30/hooked-on-family-heirlooms/


7 Comments »

7 Responses to “Hooked on Music”

Rosa said...

Opera Diva gave me chills and Junior is awesome!
He sure looks like he's having a great time. . .
Has he thanked you yet for refusing to let him quit when he wanted to?
If he had been mine I would have let him and something special would have been lost.
I sure wish I had been there to see both of them.
I miss you guys.

Pam Kersting said...

WoW!! What an accomplished family you have! Very impressive!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What a talented family! I am visiting via Hooked on Houses. It is such fun to see your treasures.

Please drop by and enter my giveaway.

Have a blessed weekend!

Lori E said...

When I sing the world cries and not in a good way.
It doesn't stop me though.
I really respect the talent of others who actually know there are different notes and how to use them.
Lovely.

Claudia said...

You have a talented family! I grew up with music at home and at school, I sang and played the piano. I'm so glad I had that training and I bet your kids are, too!

Tootsie said...

how great is that! I used to dream of being a high school music teacher...I played 5 instruments and was so hooked on music! I now only remember how to play 3 of them, and not well anymore...lol
I decided not to go thru with it when I grew up and learned that I don't like teenagers!!! lol
your kids are very talented...you have invested well my friend!

Floss said...

Hi and thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I had a good look back through your posts and found your camping trip too - it looks great! We are just going to get into the car before lunch tomorrow and drive off until we hit the Spanish border on the Med, or that's the plan. Then we'll just find a tourist information place and look for farm campsites, which are the laid-back, quiet ones we like best.

I love your cushions, and the window seat -I always wanted one of them. Maybe your wonderful grandchild will be born by the time I get back! I'll check in to find out next week.