Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tablescape Thursday




Does this count as a tablescape? I mean, there's a table.........there are plates........there's food and family. Sure, it's a bit casual. There are no napkins or candle holders. But, what really constitutes a tablescape anyway?

But, before you leave this post in disgust since my Table scape doesn't have color co-ordinated plates, cloths and napkins, just let me show you the entire thought process that went into putting this table scape together. First we have a quick stop at our local market. I just can't resist all those fresh veggies lined up in a colorful rainbow. I'll have a little of this and a little of that......

Then I start by getting the salad all divied up between us. The kids request the Mango's and Feta cheese be kept on the side :)There's only 8 eating for dinner this evening.

While I prep things inside, the Big Guy turns the corn over on the barbecue. It ends up charring to PERFECTION!

We slice up some fresh bread and slather with butter, break out the corona and limes........and the milk for the younger set.

And finally we dig in! Casual dining at it's best, wouldn't you say?I said casual dining.........but this is going just a little too CASUAL!Now, you need to stop on by Between Naps on the Porch for some other great Tablescape ideas that include napkins and fine bone china. Just click here http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2009/06/welcome-to-41st-tablescape-thursday.html



16 Comments »

16 Responses to “Tablescape Thursday”

Chandra said...

I sure hope that's TwoEE's!! (But if it is, things sure have changed since I saw it last...)

Tamara Jansen said...

Uuuuuh, if you squint your eyes and imagine really hard this COULD be Two Ee's Farm.

My apologies to my Cousin Ann, who also just happens to be my sister-in-law, for posting pictures of her competition in the fresh produce market in our area. I live 5 minutes from the competition. Two Ee's, owned by my very own flesh and blood family, is more like 20 minutes drive from my place :(

Bad Tamara!

Brenda said...

"Only" eight? I'll make nine. What time shall I be there? Looks like good eating to me!
Brenda

Nola @ the Alamo said...

Girl, that is EXACTLY my kind of tablescape! I'm not too frou-frou, just keep it simple, let the food do the talking! Save me a cold Corona!

Dana and Daisy said...

you guys are my kind of family!

Cammie said...

stopping by friom SITS to welcome you! Hope that you are having fun getting to know everyone!

Joyce said...

Very cute post and great last photo shot. Made me laugh.
Joyce

Mary said...

Wow does that ever look good! Yum!

aforestfrolic said...

Love the tablescape...and that corona looks grand! Welcome to SITS lady!

Jamie :)

Tootsie said...

you are silly beyond words! looks like a great table to me!

Aubrey said...

LOL

Good stuff there! That corn was grilled to PERFECTION! Yum!

Coming over from SITS to say hello and WELCOME!

Kammy said...

Goodness - looks like one of our family dinners ! The food looks yummy and love your pics !
Hugs ~ Kammy

DiPaola Momma said...

My kind of table scape babe! Who needs Crate and Barrel when you can have a CRATE of corn and a BARREL of beer!!! I'll take some of that Feta too..ooopah!

Welcome to SITS, from a late (but HEY I DID make it!) Welcomista;0}

Rosa said...

Yumm!
Too bad I missed it!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Wow! This all looks delightful to me! Just wish I was there with some of those fresh veggies - that corn looks amazing!

Beth's Blog said...

oh my, it all looks so good!!!!!!