Friday, June 12, 2009

Decorating a Dream Baby Nursery - Gramma Style

My Little Angel is expecting a "wee one" this coming August and I'm so excited, I can't stop dreaming. I am HOOKED on decorating a dream Baby Nursery - Gramma style!
I mean, imagine decorating a nursery from scratch. It's so much easier, now that I'm not the one with the big belly and swollen feet. It doesn't bother me one bit to imagine myself painting and lugging furniture around.


I'm not the one suffering from sleepless nights due to aching joints and false labor pains. I have no problem driving around looking for deals and picking out area rugs.



I'm not the one waking up 3 or 4 times a night to go pee, thank goodness. That means I have tons of energy to dream up the perfect storage spaces and closet organizers to make life easy once the baby comes.


Since I get a peaceful 8 hours sleep every night, I can picture driving around town looking for the perfect rocker that will give endless hours of comfort for darling mommy and baby to cuddle and bond.

I can even imagine how the "wee one" will eventually need to transition to a BIG BED one day. I don't have the worry of diapers and midnight feedings to cloud my brain........because I'm gonna be GRAMMA!



Can you tell that I'm excited?! It's a BEAUTIFUL LIFE!

(All photos courtesy of Pottery Barn kids)

Now make sure you stop on by Hooked on Houses to check out what everyone is hooked on this week. Just click here http://hookedonhouses.net/2009/06/11/hooked-on-janet-hills-house-paintings/

And also, you need to check out the Inspired Room for the BEAUTIFUL LIFE party. Click here

http://theinspiredroom.net/2009/06/12/living-beautifully-summer-entertaining-for-real-people/


12 Comments »

12 Responses to “Decorating a Dream Baby Nursery - Gramma Style”

Adrienne @ Susan Palmer Designs said...

Oh how sweet! Congratulations, I am sure the nursery will be darling!

Rosa said...

It's a good thing dreaming is free!
that would be a perfect girl's nursery!

Tootsie said...

That crib is almost the exact one I have!!! It is now a double bed...but WAS a crib! Have a wonderful time doing this room...my mom had two at once to do...my sis and I were always about a month apart...lol she was a sewing maniac...and they looked amazing! Funny how you grammies always have so much energy when we are prego! haha
It still blows me away that they stole your basket...around here they are not going small like baskets...they are attempting to take our kids! Three separate incidents last week alone where they tried to grab kids...from school yards, markets and hockey rinks! Brazen aren't they?
Have a good weekend!

Tootsie said...

That crib is almost the exact one I have!!! It is now a double bed...but WAS a crib! Have a wonderful time doing this room...my mom had two at once to do...my sis and I were always about a month apart...lol she was a sewing maniac...and they looked amazing! Funny how you grammies always have so much energy when we are prego! haha
It still blows me away that they stole your basket...around here they are not going small like baskets...they are attempting to take our kids! Three separate incidents last week alone where they tried to grab kids...from school yards, markets and hockey rinks! Brazen aren't they?
Have a good weekend!

Tootsie said...

forgot to ask...does she know what she is having? or did I miss that drooling on the photos....

Claudia said...

Congratulations on your impending grandmotherhood! I bet you'll have such a great time decorating and helping your daughter!

Ladybug said...

How fun! You have to take a peek at our store www.ladybugsandlilypads.com SOooo many wonderful things for a new Gramma! :) We are in the process of a redesign so we are still pulling all our items over from our old site.

Tootsie said...

not that great...I use an over head projector....to make the outlines...then it is just like paint by number (only huge)
I do like the way they turned out tho...I can't even write neatly...I am NO artist!!
have a great weekend...is the greenhouse empty yet?
do you sell the knock out roses??? they had them here by monrovia...for $86 as an annual...but they didn't look healthy....if it had said Darvonda...I would have looked harder!! lol

MelD said...

This post is just what I was thinking about yesterday. Figured you would be all over helping Lydia design and decorate her baby room. Would make it a bit easier if you knew what to shop for though...
Have fun decorating...can't wait to check it out after baby has arrived!

Evelyn in Canada said...

That's one beautiful room, but seriously, does anyone ever have that?

For instance, there are two of each shoe lined up. I could never find TWO of anything. The baby had always lost one or the older siblings had taken one to use as a boat for Polly Pocket.

And look at all those blankets that match! I had gifts of lots of mismatched bright blankets that would never fold like the others or look good together, but individually were lovely.

It is a beautiful dream though, and can only look this good before the baby is actually born or with paid help to keep it up later.

(Wow, what's with the negativity? You'd think the sun wasn't shining or I'd been up all night with a baby. Heaven forbid!)

The Stylish House said...

Tamara,
How exciting for your family! These photos have a lot of pink could it mean she is expecting a sweet little girl? I like the fresh and crisp look of this style and you will have such fun working on the nursery together.
Cathy

Brenda said...

I'm assuming we're talking about a granddaughter??? Love your images. You'll have so much fun decorating!
Brenda