Thursday, May 14, 2009

Have My Babies Got a Good Home?


Sometimes I wonder what happens to my beautiful plants once they leave the greenhouse. Do they find a good home for themselves? Do they get well taken care of? Are they getting any fertilizer? It was such great news to see this morning that 2 of my fuschia hanging baskets have been blogged about..........and I'm happy to say they've found a very good home. Check out their story. Just click here
http://rose-gardendiary.blogspot.com/2009/05/to-my-cousins-yes-it-is-wednesday-night.html

And if you are wondering what happens when it snows AFTER you have bought all your bedding plants for the spring, just click here http://rosa-pottingshed.blogspot.com/2009/05/what-do-you-do-when-it-goes-below-zero.html

It's so wonderful to hear that my babies are being well taken care of! If you have a good story about the home you found for my babies, please let me know because I'd love to hear it!


11 Comments »

11 Responses to “Have My Babies Got a Good Home?”

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I am so glad your babies have found a wonderful home. I love fushia's. I have one.. every year. Why one? I only have one perfect place that they love to call home. They love it because it's well protected and get just the right amount of sun. I'll post a picture of it later. Have a great day!
No more snow...please!!
Hugs, Terrie

Rosa said...

It's still snowing here and I can only get one fushia into my greenhouse.
And that is blocking the light to half of the greenhouse!
I've got the other one sitting in front of the livingroom window.
Oh well, we won't have to wait too much longer to plant!:)

Tootsie said...

hi. We are supposed to get 30cm of snow this Monday! It snowed on Tuesday here...it makes me mad! I know how Rosa feels about the snow and fitting plants into her greenhouse...My sunroom is full right now too!
Seems we won't be planting on the long weekend! lol....snow...snow..and cold wind...May sucks rocks this year!
I could blog about one or two of your pots...my next door neighbor bought two fuscias....now...if I don't take care of them for her (secretly of course) they will be dead as door nails before July even is a thought!

Tootsie said...

no worries...they don't water them anyways!! lol....one time while in there...I actually picked up a hose and watered the flowers for them! the lady was laughing at me!

Tootsie said...

I hope you don't mind that I borrowed a couple of your greenhouse photos for my sunday post...I linked to you too!

Nola @ the Alamo said...

I'm pretty protective of "my" plants, too, I only give them to people I think will take care of them.

The Stylish House said...

Tamara,
It is finally warming up enough for me to think about heading to my local nursery for a few annuals. We had a cold snap last night so I am glad I did not have to cover them or bring anything inside. I take it to heart when one of my plants is not doing well. We lost a tree over winter despite our best efforts, but it just couldn’t make it. ~Cathy~

LovingLynden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LovingLynden said...

I had one of your babies last year!
(I tried to add a link to my blog about it but am not techno savvy enough and all my kiddos are asleep)
Any idea where I can pick one up this year?

Nicki and Mathis said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog on my SITS day!

Msrobin said...

Oooh, I love fuscia too! It's a must have for the shady spot on my front porch.