Saturday, May 2, 2009

Has Anyone Got An Advil?


Does anyone know how much physical pain you go through in the Spring Season at a greenhouse?


My legs are so sore, I feel like I ran a Marathon yesterday. Technically speaking, I did run a Marathon yesterday and so did all the rest of my peeps here at the greenhouse. We PICKED..........PACKED...........and SHIPPED 400 carts to market in one day.

Perhaps the number 400 doesn't impress you much. But let me help you do the math. If 25 carts fit into a Semi Truck and we sent off 400 carts, we actually shipped 16 Semi Loads of plants from our facility.


That means that we picked 16 Semi Loads of plants. Then we re-planted at least half of those plants into fancy planters. Finally we had to wrap and load every one of those carts while being careful not to load the wrong cart into the wrong truck. And let me tell you, when you load trucks at Midnight after a full day of heavy labor, it's very easy to make a mistake and send hanging baskets to Winnipeg instead of 6" Annuals packs!


I just want to say right here and right now "WAY TO GO DARVONDA PEEPS! You're the BEST team in the whole greenhouse industry". Now, I wish I could tell you to go home and soak your feet but we're not quite finished yet guys. Can I get anyone an ADVIL instead?


4 Comments »

4 Responses to “Has Anyone Got An Advil?”

Nola @ the Alamo said...

I'm still looking forward to the day I see "Darvonda" on a product here in Texas!

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Holy Cow Tamara - I simly can not imagine your work load. I have three lil' bity greenhouses and it just about kills me. The volume at which you all operate is amazing to me. I would love to see it in person one day. Your plants are gorgeous and I'm sure they will all find a beautiful home. What an incredibly successful family you guys are. Great Job! Try and get some rest! Cathy

Evelyn in Canada said...

Tomorrow is Sunday. Maybe you'll make some time to soak your feet AND have an Advil. I still haven't made it into Costco to see some of the final product. I've run out of run in my windows and under lights for any more plants than I have, so I'm going to have to wait until they can go directly into the ground. Or borrow space in a friend's greenhouse - oo, that's a good idea!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Hi Tamara, I cannot imagine the work involved with your business. My closest neighbor and I are so excited because she is putting in a small greenhouse and I get to use it this winter. I have been collecting small starter pots, etc. to get us started and even that little tiny bit is a major thing. So what you do...whew....tired...just thinking about it. I can imagine though how beautiful it must be with all that color. xo Lynn