Thursday, May 28, 2009

Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking?


I love the show Jon and Kate plus 8. The kids and I watch it together. I feel like it's a window into the "way we were" when my kids were little. So much chaos......and yet so much fun. I am very sad to hear that Jon and Kate have hit a rough patch in their marriage. Do you know what I'm talkin' about, blogger peeps?

I wish I could sit down with them and have a little chat. I'm not sure Kate would listen much to my advice but really, who am I to give advice anyway?

The Big Guy really feels for poor Jon. He was really affected by the season premier show. He doesn't want to watch with us anymore.

I wish I could have the following conversation with Kate:

"If you really want to do the best thing for your kids, then you need to re-focus on your husband. If you love HIM, automatically the kids will be healthy and happy. Enough with the big birthday parties and the matching outfits. Go out and spoil your HUSBAND with all that attention instead!"

I know, it's just a TV show but, I see it all the time. We ladies start having kids and our focus shifts from being a soulmate to being a mom. That's hard on the men. They hate playing second fiddle. They want us to give them some "me" time or they start to pout.

Now, I don't know if you've heard about Jodi, Kate's sister-in-law who is trying to get them to stop filming the show and let the kids grow up in private. I see her point. It must be hard to have cameras around all the time. Just ask my kids. I'm always filming and taking pictures and then putting it on my blog. Jodi thinks that's exploitation...........uh oh........I've been exploiting everyone I know. I exploit my sister.........I exploit my daughter's wedding.......I exploit all my children........I even exploit FISH!

Time to re-think my blogging habits.

In the meantime, I really, really hope Jon and Kate take a long, relaxing vacation.......just the 2 of them.......to re-connect with their roots.

How about you? Are you hoping the same thing?


9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking?”

Derrick and Jeanette said...

I loved watching them all the time too--until we got rid of cable TV. I agree with you....you've got some pretty good advice! Now to find a way to send it to Kate.....but you're right. She probably won't listen....

Jeanette

Derrick and Jeanette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Stylish House said...

Hi
I enjoyed the show in the beginning then about a 1 ½ years ago I felt it could not be healthy for the children to be under the limelight so much. I don’t understand why the child labor laws allow it. Jon and Kate seem to be making their living off the show and that certainly can’t be good. I wish them luck, but it seems like they have already gone in different directions. I agree Kate needs to relax and not worry so much about appearances. I remember thinking the same about Martha Stewart. She could throw a perfect party, but made everyone miserable around her because of her perfectionism. Mostly I feel sad for the family.
Cathy

Tootsie said...

me too!!! I wish them well....
did you see that my ridiculous sister thinks she looks like you?? lol
she is a nut.
I am done my planting...finally...but things are not ready to photograph...they are a little wilted from the warm sun...finally...lol
I am off doing other little (and big) projects in my yard...will see you soon!!!

Tootsie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marina said...

I don't know this show but you're right about men. They want our attention, love and support all the time! And we must give everything to them if they deserve to have them. And then they give us back all these and much more! That's why you're so many years with your husband and I with mine for 23 great and loving years!
As for your photos which show all your family, work or friends I believe that it's very sweet and healthy to show that there are people who live their lives with love, happiness and lots of efforts to suceed their goals. Becides what is life about?
And last but not least, I like that I have a friend from Canada with a sense of humour that usually make me smile...:)

Rosa said...

I too loved this show but I couldn't bring myself to watch the first show of the season. I don't think I'll be watching it anymore. :(

Julie said...

I liked that show too...it all makes me pretty sad when I think about it.
Stopping by to welcome you to the SITS community :)

Pinky said...

Just found this and had to comment. I loved the show too, watched it all these years and am so confused cause it seems they all went to Hawaii to tenew the vows, everyone looked happy (except of coursr Maddie...but that's another story) and then it seemed all of a sudden they were splitting up! JOn said he couldn't stand not having any alone time and he hated the cameras but then he goes out and FLAUNTS the girlfriends??????????? What the heck????? I feel bad for all of them. It seems Kate HAD to be in control, she has EIGHT KIDS!!!!!! And Jon seemed to NEED diraction....I don't know, it all turned into a big train wreck. It is very sad to me. YOur advice was PERFECT!!!!! Pinky