Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Has Sprung


It's the beginning of the season here in the greenhouse which means it's time to give our employees an orientation session.......you know, talk about safety issues, talk about productivity, talk about what's coming up for the busy spring rush and all that jazz.


So, not long ago, the Big Guy and I took everyone in the greenhouse for a "walk around" as we like to call them. We stop and discuss safety issue like "How not to get driven over by the forklift" or "How to understand the skull and crossbones labels ". Did you know that, according to the Worker's Compensation Board, you need to instruct your employees not to drink the TONER from the photocopier? If you don't, you could be held liable if the secretary decides to ingest the ink cartridge rather than put it in the copier. It's also very important to instruct everyone on "How to climb to the mezzanine without breaking a leg". The Big Guy decided he should give THAT talk since I've been known to go up there with my high heel shoes......apparently I'm not a good enough example for the staff :) I think I need to start taking some public speaking courses because I seem to being doing more and more of that as the business gets bigger!



Now, some of you may already know this and others may not. Our brand new, very old cow barn has been converted into our retail Garden center in a very big way this year. Gone are the stalls in the milking parlor and the uneven pavement in the barn. We've got the old gal all gussied up for spring and you'd never guess what she looks like now. So here's a sneak preview of the METAMORPHOSIS that has occured here. Check back on Monday for a whole bunch more photos of the GRAND OPENING of MILNER GARDENS!


8 Comments »

8 Responses to “Spring Has Sprung”

Rosa said...

That is AWESOME!
I love the planted dresser AND the green chairs (I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to spell their proper name! lol)
I can hardly wait for Monday!
Of course since YOU'Ve posted today, Lisa's now leaving me messages to get to it on my blog darn it! :D (check out the comment she left me on wordless wendsday)

Nancy-Mom said...

Wow,more?? do you guys ever run out of ideas???

Evelyn in Canada said...

Your displays look great. I love the green and yellow chairs (adirondack, Rosa!) and the umbrellas. Is that a tie-in to your training video?

Catherine Holman said...

I love the barn (garden retail) center. Wish I lived closer.
Catherine

Pam Kersting said...

Oh what fun! What a life you live! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Happy Easter!

Brenda@View From The Pines said...

Oh, I love that trunk full of flowers! And the colorful Adirondack chairs. Where can I find them?
Brenda

Nola @ the Alamo said...

I am just sick that I don't live close enough to visit your retail store! I love the display with the adirondack chairs.

Tamara Jansen said...

I think Fifi bought the adirondak chairs at Costco and then had the kids paint them up for her....