Sunday, April 12, 2009

Milking Parlor Makeover


Is it Monday already?! That means it's Metamorphosis Monday.......and I'm excited to show you the big changes that happened in our old Milking Parlor. This place used to house a whole lot of milk cows but we've given it a lick of paint, broken down a few walls, smoothed out the floors and shoveled a whole lot of manure in the last little while. We're finally ready to open up our new retail greenhouse where you can stop in to get some great deals on some fabulous plants and planters.


Come on in with me and check it out!


Here we have our new front entry that was designed to look rustic, even though it's brand new. Even the sign out front matches the barns now, although it did mean we had to pull down a few rather large old trees out front.

We decided to keep the big side doors as they were so that we can open things up nice and wide, making it hard to resist stopping in.

Last year we built the first plastic hoop house where we managed to sell a wide variety of bedding plants and baskets. This year we decided to add a second hoop house and tear down the old milking parlor for a bit more of an open feel. With the wide open space, we now have room for colorful vignettes that really inspire a person to go out and start planting in their gardens.

Another addition this year are some gorgeous display tables........


Can you believe this used to be a working milking parlor??!! The guys brought in some big machinery and tore out all the old cement, replacing it with a smooth floor, just perfect for selling antiques and such.
I just love that little extra touch of the hay bales........And the wagon wheels leaning against this old barn door........

I just love the way all the colorful displays draw your eyes down the entire greenhouse, drawing you all the way inside.Looks like we've got lots of spring mixed baskets to sell so make sure to stop by soon!


My sister-in-law Fifi got everything all spiffed up for opening day. Here she is, checking if there's a shelf that needs filling or a planter that needs water........Kudo's to you for such a beautiful job on the decorating Fifi! She's was so busy rushing around, we didn't manage to get a nice focused picture or her.......sorry about that.



The Big Guy and I decided to do on of our "walk-arounds" on opening day. What fun to see everything all pulled together so nicely.


We also partnered with our neighbor across the street who sells antiques and collectibles. We're selling some of his pieces on consignment. We have a few different pieces on display that really set a nice ambience.
Just in case you were wondering who took all these lovely photos, here's my official photographer. We keep her really busy these days making signs and marketing for the greenhouse and the retail. Any my grandbaby bump is coming allong quite nicely as well :)


Here's another thing that Fifi put together and I just love the idea. She kept her eyes peeled for free stuff on Craig's list and finally got a few really nifty pieces like this lovely dresser that now doubles as a planter. Then there's this old chest she filled with lovely spring plants for a very unique design.


This new area is filled Terazzo pots and giant ceramic pots that I can't wait to see all planted up......but of course, we sell them empty as well.


Throught the garden center you'll see colorful vignettes that are bright and cheery, sure to inspire the feeling of spring. There's an ORANGE section.......And a YELLOW section.......And of course, my favorite section, a GREEN section......Did I already say that GREEN is my favorite color?I'm so glad that Fifi managed to re-use all my umbrellas from the training video because they really add some pizzaz!





There's nothing like a little splash of color to really remind you that it truly is "A BEAUTIFUL LIFE"! So, hurry on down to your local garden center for a little inspiration. Let your imagination run free!
And don't forget to stop on by Between Naps on the Porch to check out all the other amazing Metamorphosis going on out there in blog land. Just click here http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2009/04/welcome-to-13th-metamorphosis-monday.html


20 Comments »

20 Responses to “Milking Parlor Makeover”

niartist said...

Wow! I hardly have words for this. All of the vignettes are amazing, and the fact that you've got picture upon picture of glorious flowers always puts a little spring in my step! I'm in WNY, and I'm hoping last weeks snow fall was the last of the season! I can't wait to get out there and start planting again! This was just the boost of inspiration I needed! THANK YOU! I particularly loved the vignette of the flowers in the dresser. Very chic, and outside of the box.

Shelia said...

Good morning! Oh, my goodness! What a transformation! I love this. If I lived closer, I would be right over to buy some plants! Love how you've set up little areas with furniture. Love the chest with the drawers filled with flowers. Now those patio chairs are marvelous! I love the green too! Just loved this!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Thoughtfully blended hearts said...

What a delightful post...now that is a "project"...everything is beautiful...just wish I lived close to you so I could visit...

Colleen said...

Wow! That looks fabulous! I wish I could come visit! And Lydia looks really cute too!

Jenny said...

Beautiful! I would love to come visit!

Joyce said...

I love it all and want it all too! You are amazing!
Joyce

marina said...

You gave me lots and lots of ideas for my garden! But as many flowers as you have I can see among them your three beloved: your three girls! You have a beautiful family Tamara! That's your biggest achievement in your life!

Mrs. Petrie said...

Good luck with your business! The place looks inviting and creative.

marty39 said...

What a fabulously inviting place. I can't believe the transformation. It is just gorgeous and the antiques are such a special touch. Love it all. Hugs, Marty

Shady Creek Lane said...

Wow, I wish I had that in my backyard. I especially love the dresser with a few drawers open with flowers spilling out. Too bad I don't live in your neck of the woods, I would have to come in for some plants and ideas

Connie

Kim @ Manning Family Tree said...

Fabulous transformation. I love all the extra touches.

Rosa said...

It really does look fabulous Tam!
While you are thinking gardening, we a bracing ourselves for a spring snow storm.
It's raining right now which will change to snow tonight.
They are calling for 10-20cm by tommorow night!
Bet you're glad the garden center up here's not open yet!! :)

Anonymous said...

Is Fifi camera shy? I think she deserves a nice picture included in your blog!!! ;)

Hilda H

Tamara Jansen said...

I will ask Fifi immediately to sit for her official portrait!

kelly said...

Wow! What a beautiful place! Such a wonderful transformation! YOu must be so proud!

antigoni said...

You did amazing work up there. The colours, the plants, the design.... they all are fantastic.
Congratulations to all of you.

Barn House said...

What a beautiful place!!! Loved the video too...we are looking for an act for our Flea Mkt, just putting it out there. ;o)

Jurrina said...

Wow, that looks amazing! I just love that dresser with the plants, what a great idea.
Take care,
Jurrina

Rue said...

Hi Tamara :)

Is that you and the girls in the video?? LOL Too cute!

The transformation is AMAZING! You guys did an incredible job!!

xo,
rue

Catherine Holman said...

Everything looks beautiful and the video is great! Your girls rock!
Cathie