Friday, March 27, 2009

The Way We Were


Do you ever just take a little time to go through old photos once in a while? I love looking back to see where we we've come from. There's nothing like seeing an old picture of the "the way we were" to make you feel like you've come a long way, am I right?


Well, I was browsing my old photos this week and I saw a file from last March and wondered what we were doing at this time last year. To my amazement, I saw that in March last year, we were actually working hard to get the greenhouse built. I could hardly believe it because it feels like that was at least 5 years ago. I double checked my calendar and realized that these photos don't lie......we really were still trying to get glass on the walls a mere 12 months ago.


We've come a long way, baby!


I'm really HOOKED on our new facility, by the way. It is so much easier to keep track of orders, hold meetings, sit in a nice warm washroom..........
You can never underestimate the pleasure of a comfortable washroom!

Now, if you want to see what everyone else is hooked on this Friday, stop on by Julia's Hooked on Houses and check out who's hooked on what! Just click here http://hookedonhouses.net/2009/03/26/hooked-on-shannon-bowers-swedish-style/


7 Comments »

7 Responses to “The Way We Were”

marty39 said...

The greenhouse is just unreal. I showed my DH this pic and he just drooled. How he would love to have even a small one. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

Brenda@View From The Pines said...

Wow, you look so tiny to have had those kids! But you have energy for three people, in my estimation.
Brenda

Tootsie said...

looking at your greenhouses is like torture for me! I want one like that!!!! I love to see how you use the space...and can't say how bad I want to come see in person!!!
good thing I am so far away...you could get burgled!!! lol
we may be planning a trip to Kelowna...are you super far from there?

Rue said...

Hi Tamara :)

I remember it and I've only been blogging for a year so I know it's only been that long LOL

I love old pictures of our family and looking back too :)

rue

antigoni said...

I look the old photos very often, especially the kids' photos. I like to see the baby photos.

antigoni said...

Did you buy anything nice for your little Angel and her baby?

The Stylish House said...

Hi Tamara,
I have been doing some computer work and saw your note on my blog. Wow, we lived in parallel universes a few years apart. I remember doing all this when my DD was in the high school band. She played the flute, was in a show choir. We hosted kids overnight, it was hectic but fun. How is the green house shaping up? I am so ready for a bit of green to start peeking through. We lost a major tree in our front yard, it was a favorite so a big loss. I envy all the beautiful southern gardens already filled with color. At least I can admire them from afar. Hey I just saw the photos of you in India; I lived in Dubai for 5 years. It was just a hop skip and a jump away, but I never made it there. We had many Indian’s in Dubai, love the food. I am originally from Colorado and it used to take me 32 hours to go from my sister’s house to my Dubai villa, it was a long haul but fun.
You have a lovely family. I have 6siblings so know how much fun a big family is. Take care...Cathy