Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Let's Go Shopping, Shall We?


Hey, blogger peeps, how would you like to go shopping with me in India today? Are you game? Here we go.......

First, we have to pay a small entry fee to get into this artisan market. Oh, don't worry, the Big Guy will cover us.

It looks like it's going to be a long day, ladies. Look at all the stalls we have to visit.

Are you interested in purses? Here's a beauty! How about some colorful bracelets? There's so many to choose from.


How about scarves? Do you have an obsession for pashmina's? Oooooh, look at this beauty!


How about some clothing........everything here is just so colorful. It's hard to pass a display that is this eye catching. I bet there are some good bargains, judging by the amount of people here......

Hey, can you believe it?! There's a garden center here too! The Big Guy just can't resist going in to take a peak.


You can find ANYTHING here at this market. There's colorful food.........and colorful carpets.........
Hmmmmm, I think this is the perfect place to find something for my "WHERE IN THE WORLD IS TAMARA" prize winner. I think I'll stop in at this lovely shop and choose a few hand made items. Oh, don't worry ladies, the Big Guy is getting out his wallet again. He's got me covered. Now, the hardest part is going to be waiting till I get home to find out who wins this gorgeous beaded gift from Kashmere.


12 Comments »

12 Responses to “Let's Go Shopping, Shall We?”

dowhatyoulove said...

Wow, markets like that must be such an amazing experience. So much energy and color surrounding you. I bet you can find just about anything. It looks like you both had a good time.

antigoni said...

The scarves looked fantastic. You look like an Angel in white clothes. You'll find great things for your girls.

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Ooooh you lucky girl you! That looks like a blast!

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

I am going to suggest that you bring back a planeload and sell them in the store. Those are gorgeous!

And so far, I have never seen anything like it for sale here.

Have a wonderful trip.

Jen

Rosa said...

The hard part is waiting to see if I'm the winner! LOL :)

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Hey shopping Lady...did you rent a container to have all of your purchases shipped home? What a grand colorful place! Love the "cobble stone" at your feet too. Sure looks like you are having so much fun, it might have to become a regular get-away place for you and Hubby!
What's the food like?

Rue said...

Tamara! You're in India?? I thought you were in Canada LOL

What a great visit you had there. Tell the big guy thanks for buying all that stuff for us ;)

rue

momofcrt said...

It must be so neat to wander through there!

Saucy said...

WELL! I lost the game but you get the prize, a wonderful trip to India. Veto has been there and he really enjoyed it and promises to take me there someday... I will be watching your posts pretty closely! Have fun and safe travels.

Nola @ the Alamo said...

Tell the big guy "thanks" for covering our expenses! Wow, how fantastic, I got to go shopping AND see the Taj Mahal one the same day; and didn't even have to get out of my jammies.
Thanks for taking us along.

Evelyn in Canada said...

I love all of the colors. Nothing wishy-washy about those tones! I wish we weren't only virtual travels, but it's better than nothing.

Susie Q said...

I love the way they display the fabrics. A dear friend went last fall and I have pics of the fabric stalls, shops, whatever they are called...they are just draped over dowels it loos like and such rich, yummy colors...

BTW--dropping the cell phone in water...take it apart. Take the battery out and let it dry. I've heard recently that you can put it in a bowl of rice and that works too...our experience is hubby dropping his in the toilet and took it apart to dry so...

and the food? What about the food???