Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Saved The Best For Last


By the time you read this post, I should be in a plane, flying somewhere over North America, on my way back home. It's been a great trip to India and we got all our businesss finalized in the time alloted. Of course, I can't actually SHOW you what I bought but believe me when I tell you, it's gonna be great! I'm lovin' the 2009 Pot lineup we've got organized!

But before I get home I want to tell you about the best thing we saw in India.......the Taj Mahal! It's a long drive from Delhi to Agra but it's worth the effort. We set out at for Agra at half past 8 and arrive at half past 12. After the 4 hour long journey I was a bit worried that we had come a long way for nothing but I don't think ANYONE leaves the Taj Mahal disappointed!

At first you can't see the Taj because it's behind this beautiful gate. We wait under a tree while our guide explains the beautiful script writing around the entrance. Good thing we're under the tree because it's HOT outside!


Our next view is this breathtaking vision as we go through the gate.

As we walk past the garden we start to feel romance in the air. The Taj Mahal was built as a monument to the love between a Mogul and his Queen. Her body lies entomed in the centre of the building. This Queen must truly have been LOVED!
Now, I'm starting to think that maybe I should ask the Big Guy what he's gonna build for me to memorialize our abiding LOVE. I'd be happy with an in-ground swimming pool........that way I don't have to die to be able to enjoy it :)
At the back of the Taj, visitors sit in the shade of the tall dome. The breeze from the river is cool and refreshing. Apparently the Mogul wanted to build a twin Taj Mahal in BLACK just across the river. His son ended up throwing him in jail when he realized that his dad was SERIOUS about the construction plans. I guess he figured the old man was just a little too crazy for his own good.
Well, as with any good trip to a historical monument, I'm off to find the washroom at the end of this long hallway. Too bad I forgot to pack the toilet paper roll with me because they only gave me 4 little square to use. Hmmmm.......note to self........don't forget toilet paper on your next trip. I can't resist a final look back at this beautiful monument to LOVE! WOW.......I really LOVE India!








11 Comments »

11 Responses to “I Saved The Best For Last”

dowhatyoulove said...

What a magical experience. Anyone I have heard talk about India has always loved their time there.

Pam Kersting said...

Oh, what a trip! I feel as if I was there with you! Thanks so much for sharing. I enjoyed it so much! When you arrive back home, please stop by my blog for a little present from moi!

antigoni said...

Have a safe journey back home.
You must had great time. Taj Mahal is an awesome monument and i would like to visit it one day. And for the love thing you said: better live your love on earth with your hubby. What do you need the monuments if you can't see them?

marina said...

Taj Mahal is a beauty and a symbol of love and romance! As for you Tamara I think you took your proof-of-love-present last year when your hubby made you the balcony...the one you gave a party with drinks and everything...I'm with you Mr Big Guy! Now if you want to proof again your love, a swimming pool would be perfect for my friend Tamara who is working so hard to the family business!!!

Brenda@View From The Pines said...

All I can think of appropriate to say is WOW!
Brenda

Nancy-Mom said...

Wow, it's gorgeous, thanks for the pictures, this way we can see it without actually going there. I'd love to do that but.....most of those places don't look too wheelchair accessible !!

Coco said...

Awesome. It is great that you get to combine business with pleasure.

Tootsie said...

I am a fearful flyer, so your world tours are like vactations for me!
fly safe

Rosa said...

That is amazing! I just watched a gardening program that featured the gardens at the Taj Mahal and it was facinating!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tour, Tamara, the views were beautiful. Hope you had a safe trip home.
Adalia

momofcrt said...

fantastic